Bailey Pageant series 6 Burgundy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David We have a Bailey and not the Burgundy model, But have spoken to other member on club site on that model most of them seem happy with it, only thing I find is the shower room very small unless you use club site shower, which is fine, other than that a good looking van, Mind you it will need a very big awning to go with it, Enjoy it, Trevor

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Trevor

Thanks for your comments, i did'nt think about the awning, i have a new Trio vicking i got last year at the caravan show, trouble is it's not big enough for the Bailey,i may get it allterd this could be the cheaper option rather than buying a new one.

Regards David.

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi David, we bought our burgundy s6 back in march and are very pleased with it,the only thing is the water pump, it is very noisy when pumping the water but other than that we find the van to be very comfortable and it tows like a dream, as for the awning we bought a 8' x 6' porch awning which we used for 3 weeks in the summer and found it just right, plus it go's up easy at weekends, so all in all a great van with plenty of kit for your money.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
hi david,

we have a series 5 burgundy sept 06 and are very pleased with both the layout and the caravan.we only use cc sites so the shower is not an issue,if it was i would have bought a caravan with a plastic lined shower cubicle and not the burgundy.

my isabella awning from my last bailey was a lot smaller,so we had it altered to a large porch.it uses the channel starting at the front to just in front of the bedroom window,i bought a verticle kit (poles&padding)from isabella and it fits fine.

hope this helps

franke

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David,

We have this model which we picked up Jan this year and apart from the noisy on board water pump which was replaced no problem under warrenty the van has been great. As said the wet room is small but seeing its the place we spend the least time it is no great shakes. The layout and spec is great and storage is fantastic.The bed is better than the one at home and very comfortable. We just love the van and I would not hesitate to recommend one. The build quality is great apart from the water pump, which Bailey don't make any way. The insulation is fantastic where we were out last March in sub zero temps and the same again last weekend and we were as snug as a bug in a rug with the heater set to overnight 500w. A extreamly well laid out van the only recommendation I have is get rid of the wrap round seating and install a front cabinet which is great for most meals seeing there is just the two of us. The wife really likes the layout of the kitchen apart from the high level microwave which she thinks could be a safety risk.

A great van overall and handles like a dream on the road compared with other vans we have had in the past

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

Forgot to mention the awning. For full awning we had our Dorema increased from 925 cm to 1009 cm by Dorema at a fraction of the price of a new Isabella that the wife was looking at and we use a Ultima 390 for weekends. The Ultima fits great, just behind the N/S front window and finishes just behind the N/S rear window which means the wet locker and external mains socket are in the awning. The other thing is the ultima goes up in about 20 mins all in and is lightweight.

Rob

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi David,

We have this model which we picked up Jan this year and apart from the noisy on board water pump which was replaced no problem under warrenty the van has been great. As said the wet room is small but seeing its the place we spend the least time it is no great shakes. The layout and spec is great and storage is fantastic.The bed is better than the one at home and very comfortable. We just love the van and I would not hesitate to recommend one. The build quality is great apart from the water pump, which Bailey don't make any way. The insulation is fantastic where we were out last March in sub zero temps and the same again last weekend and we were as snug as a bug in a rug with the heater set to overnight 500w. A extreamly well laid out van the only recommendation I have is get rid of the wrap round seating and install a front cabinet which is great for most meals seeing there is just the two of us. The wife really likes the layout of the kitchen apart from the high level microwave which she thinks could be a safety risk.

A great van overall and handles like a dream on the road compared with other vans we have had in the past

Rob
Hi Rob,

Interesting to hear you had your water pump replaced under warranty. I too have a series 6 Burgundy and after speaking with the dealer and other owners, i was under the impression the noise is normal.

What did your dealer do for you and has the noise been rectified?

Regards, Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts