Bailey Peagent Monarch 2007 Front window rotton

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Front window has mould and "Wooden" surround rotten seems to be coming from above the window at the point where the top locker joins ,top locker is dry and solid
please help

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Front window has mould and "Wooden" surround rotten seems to be coming from above the window at the point where the top locker joins ,top locker is dry and solid
please help

Are you competent to do your own repairs which would involve potentially removing internal wall and/or ceiling cladding? This may be necessary after damp meter measurements to gauge the source and extent of any damage. If not your best bet is to find a AWS Approved Workshop to assess it and give a estimate for repairs. In the meantime you could try and tape over seams or possible points of ingress.

Some pictures inside or outside would help. Check the cross joint between the front panel and roof for cracks. I had a similar age Bailey and there was a spate of cracked panels but most were repaired under warranty.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
please help
Hi Philip
Welcome to the forum, we had the same problem with our 2006 senator, in our case the water ingres was coming from the screws holding the window rail on (very small cracks above the screws). As otherclive has said you have to remove the inner plywood to replace wooden window surround and also repair the small cracks caused by the screws. This was in our case, pictures would help.
Gra

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Philip. I think it would help if you told us how long you have had the caravan and who if you bought from a dealer or privately as that could affect your legal rights. If from a dealer did you use finance or a credit card for any of the purchase?
Looking at the repair, I agree we need photos if possible and your ability to repair, just what are you able to undertake?
Rot spreads so early action is needed and if you can get the caravan under cover this would help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts