Bailey Pegasus GT65 Alarm / Awning light

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
My Alarm and awning light have stopped working on my Bailey Pegasus GT65 , the PIR still flashes when I move inside the caravan, I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. Both the alarm and awaning light are controlled by the alarm fob. Both alarm fobs appear to be working as normal. Has anyone got any idea where I go from here

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked to see if the awning light and alarm have power, not just checking the fuse.

Does the awning light come on with the alarm arming normally. If not, it suggests supply as it would suggest two items not working. If it does, as mine does then i would look at the fobs again. Have you changed batteries in them. Do they need to be programmed?

Next stop, Sargent if it is a Sargent Stinger.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
There appears to be power to the alarm as the pir is still working. The awaning light is controlled by the alarm fob, it comes on when the alarm is armed and also has a separate button to turn it on and off without the alarm. The both fobs appear to be working ok

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Don't bother. Sargents are good for Swift but Bailey is different. If the alarm is coupled with Tracker then you need to find the alarm siren and you will find some fuses adjacent. In our Unicorn Seville and its predecessor a Pegasus 462, the PIR is internally battery powered and links to the alarm wirelessly. You need to open the PIR case by removing the very small pozi screw underneath the front cover and hinging it off to access the batteries.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
Don't bother. Sargents are good for Swift but Bailey is different. If the alarm is coupled with Tracker then you need to find the alarm siren and you will find some fuses adjacent. In our Unicorn Seville and its predecessor a Pegasus 462, the PIR is internally battery powered and links to the alarm wirelessly. You need to open the PIR case by removing the very small pozi screw underneath the front cover and hinging it off to access the batteries.

the PIR is hard wired in and is working, I’ve checked the fuse inside the alarm box and that is fine

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
When you set the alarm with the remote do you get 2 beeps?
I fitted tracker alarms in bailey vans for years, I can assure you PIR sensors were never ever hard wired they were only ever powered by battery, also a tracker alarm was never fitted so as to turn on the awning light, so if it is a tracker system it hasn’t been fitted as it should have been so it’s either been fitted wrongly/not a tracker alarm at all or it’s been butchered and altered in how it’s been fitted, also any fuses near the siren as mentioned by a previous reply they also are nothing to do with a tracker system, if you post a picture of the remote or the PIR I’ll tell you if it’s a tracker system or not.

BP

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify, I wasnt suggesting Bailey were fitted with Sargents products, just that there own FAQ mentions the same issue, and I wondered whether the same fix would work.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Unless you guys know better, that looks awfully like the fob for the Sargent Stinger series, its identical to mine for the Swift?Sterling and all my previous Swifts. Not sure what the Tracker ones on the Baileys look like. Is it possible the original alarm has failed, if fitted, and been replaced by a Stinger?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts