Bailey Pegasus S2 Bologna

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone
I have just changed from a Bailey Pageant Champagne to a Bailey Pegasus 2 Bologna and we had our first night out last Saturday........Simply awesome. I could not want for more. The build quality to be fair is disappointing for nearly £19,000 but then again, we looked at loads of caravans and unless you are going to pay well in excess of £30,000 they are all much the same or considerably worse. The luxury coach built vans are stunning but I could not afford the £30+k to buy one or more importantly, the £40+k to buy the car to drag it around!! They look stunning, are built superbly but they weigh so much more than the average caravan. My twin axle Bologna is only MTPLM 1670kg. We do use our caravan all year round and as my wife has water in her veins rather than blood, warmth is a major factor but last Saturday I was running around the van at 3 in the morning gasping for air and flinging open windows and skylights. The new Alu-tech construction and insulation is light years ahead of anything we have seen before. I am impressed. We bought from new and got the last of the fully inclusive 10 year warrantees. Now, they have a 6 year warrantee, which can be extended at extra cost to 10 years. As with everything, there are a couple of significant design faults (in my mind) the most obvious being the internal water supply. You cannot fill from the Aquaroll, you have to take the container out to fill and put back full. Easy when you are fit and young but not so easy if older. The cap also needs to be at the other end to make connection easy. We had a slight problem with the water supply as the pump was vibrating and whining continually and the water pressure was appalling. I was unable to have a shower on my first morning, which was a great let down. I spent all of Sunday morning trying to resolve the issue before giving up; packing up and taking the van back to the dealer. They were superb but 160 liters of water later, they say there is no problem. I guess it was just an air lock, which was dislodged by the journey back to the dealer. I collect on Friday and am looking forward to getting my baby back.
We bought from Michael Jordan Caravans in Gomshall and were very well looked after by Anthony Mullins. We did buy our first van from them and had a less than satisfactory service but as they are close by, we opted for them again. I was not disappointed. Great service from Anthony and I would not hesitate to recommend him. If you want a good friendly salesman who is very happy to help, always attentive, knowledgably and replies to emails immediately, give him a call 01483 203 335. Being in sales myself, I appreciate an attentive salesman who knows his stuff. All in all, I am delighted with my series 2 Pegasus, only time will tell if it is as good as I think but the early indicators are that it is. Buy with confidence, Mr. sceptical is very happy and more importantly, Mrs Downright Sceptical is happy too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Southy
We have bought 2 vans from Michael Jordan, both were their dealer specials and on both occasions we were very happy with the service we received.Good to hear you are happy with your new Bailey, we changed last October from our TA Bailey Senator,but we were more sceptical than you with regards to Alutech construction, and at the time Bailey did not offer the layout we were looking for. We found it in a 2011 Coachman,and to be fair it seems good so far,altough we thought the Bailey was the best van we have had in terms of reliability, build quality and lack of damp in the 5.5 years we had it. We are now on our 7th van and we do think that as a rule most manufacturers have improved dramatically in the time we have been caravanning,although every van we have owned has meant a compromise somewhere,even the most expensive vans won't be perfect for everybody.

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Southy just to say we brought our caravan from micheal jordans too, we brought an ex demostrater being a bailey ranger S5 470/4 at the end of 2007,dont use it as much as l would like but we do enjoy disappearing off in it when we can. We have never had any problem at all at micheal jordans, we quite often go over there just to have a look at what caravans they have, look around the shop and then have something to eat and drink before leaving.Since having the caravan it has gone back afew times for work to be done on it and they have always been very good.

gazzers 1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts