bailey pegasus s2

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
My husband saw a picture of one somewhere on line and said that it didn't have the black front locker.....I quite liked it, thought it was different!!

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Theres nothing colour coded about the white front locker door. The yellow plastic makes dam sure of that. At least the black was original and I hear you can light it up with LED's.
As for the interior, alot of people hate the dated, old people look of Senator, I mean Unicorn so I hope they have not done the same with the new Pegasus.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Prof John L said:
Each to their own!

It was easier to match the awning to the locker cover as they don't do awnings in off white!!!!!

In Baileys defense, compared to a traditional locker there is a reason for Bailey's redesign as the new Alutech's gas locker is insulated, so it wasn't just change for changes sake.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Zafiral said:
Parksy - Moderator said:
I hated it..........
The pictures of the Pegasus 2 show a colour coded front locker instead of something that looked as though it was from a second hand parts yard

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/news/bailey-pegasus-series-ii-announced-and-weve-seen-it
A bit harsh there!!! The OH loves the black nose, we even have a charcoal awning to match it!!!

It's a bit of a long story but I'll try to explain why I don't like the 'black nose'.
Back through the mists of time when I was a young man I owned a Vauxhall Viva with bodywork which was as rotten as a pear.
When I bought the car it had 'one careful owner' but the other six or seven obviously hadn't given a monkey's and similar old bangers were a common sight on the roads back then as standard transport for an impoverished youth who had graduated from motorbikes and didn't want a plastic pig 3 wheeler.

The front passenger door was really bad so with the help of my friends I replaced it. The replacement door was from the car breakers yard, or the scrappy as we called it, these yards where you'd take the part that you were after from one of the scrap cars were commonplace back then, you could find yourself on top of a pile of stacked up cars which would see saw alarmingly as you scrambled up the stack.

We fitted the door onto the old Viva, the car was dark red but the door was blue.

The old Viva was known as 'Bertie' after Bertie Bassett from the liquorish allsorts advert after that because I never got round to painting it, I was too busy enjoying myself to bother.
dance.gif

When I looked at a picture of the Pegasus for the first time I thought that the black locker door was a different colour because of plastic protective coating which would reveal the 'proper' colour when the protective film was peeled off but when I had a look round our local dealers I was surprised to see that Bailey had fitted the Bertie Bassett locker door intentionally!
I've nothing against Bailey caravans, all of the toys are included at an affordable price and their Alu Tec construction has made every manufacturer treat the problem of water ingress seriously so they did a brilliant job there.
Each to their own but the mismatched part? It's not for me.
Been there - done that!
lol.gif

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Lol Parksy, I remember those breakers yards from the days in the late 70's early 80's when my dad had an old Rover 2000!! Although I am hurt by the comparison.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts