Bailey Pegasus SII

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear All

In case anyone is interested, we have a few sneaky pictures of the Pegasus SII to see here

It is officially launched at the NEC show in February, but basically it has been made to look a bit prettier and spec have been changed to better match up to rivals.

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thank goodness they got rid of the black locker door at the front.
I'm all for improvements to specs etc but does all the constant changing mean they got wrong in the first place.
smiley-undecided.gif

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
They definately got a few things wrong before. This is much better looking - you don't have to love the technology of the bodyshell to like the van this time, which will help a lot. Less spec will mean a drop in price. Which in turn looks like an early bath for the Olympus too...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There was a brief discussion about the Pegasus 2 and the locker door here last week with 3/1 against the black nose. With less kit will the Pegasus 2 equate to the now defunct GT60?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Does it still have to go back after three years for them to tighten up the bolts in case it falls apart and this is a charge over and above the cost of your service?
I pray that no other manufacturers take up this method of assembling caravans.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i would have let it progress a few years before i would have taken one on it was a big step for them and a few problems was to be expected.What about the second hand value on the mark 1 or will they be a harder van to sell due to the short life it has had shadowed by the mk2.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
It has a ten year guarantee on the body.
short of Bailey going belly up, its a good second hand buy.
ALL the second hand caravans i have had in the past leaked at some stage.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We've all seen the Elddis, Bailey and Swift construction videos.
Unless I have missed something big the Alu-Tec construction does seem a quantum leap forward. The amount of sealant used for a start seemed massive as it oused out into the roof / wall joint. All the others still use timber frame with wood screws , some stainless steel.
Any doubts on its integrity must surely be compensated by the 10 yerar water ingress guarantee, well as long as Bailey continue to trade.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
They definately got a few things wrong before. This is much better looking - you don't have to love the technology of the bodyshell to like the van this time, which will help a lot. Less spec will mean a drop in price. Which in turn looks like an early bath for the Olympus too...

As an owner of an 8 month old Pegasus mk1 I am a little disappointed that it is being updated so soon.
We are more than happy with our van, but at the Feb NEC show we were surprised that the Olympus had a better quality worktop compared to the Pegasus.
I feel the Pegasus 1 equipment level is excellent (far better than rival vans) so that may explain the equipment downgrades as IMO magazine reviews appear more bothered about upholstery colours compared to price, equipment & practicality.
New swifts appear to favor form over function with striking interiors yet storing the table under a fixed bed. I have never seen anything so silly in my life. This may be fine in a display van with no bedding on it, but in real life when the bed is topped with a quilt & the bedding from the put away front bed, then lifting the fixed bed 4 or so times a day to access the table for 2 meals is a real mission.
Baileys may not be the best finished vans, but in coming up to 5 years of caravanning and looking at various makes, Baileys do appear to us to be the most practical. Most rival vans roof lockers will not even take cereal boxes apart from the fun size ones. Practicalities like this may not matter to everyone, but for family caravanning without erecting a full awning, interior space & storage are important.
Let's hope Bailey don't loose this advantage with their new range.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
I'll stick with the spec.
Really like our 524 and really enjoyed using it.
We use it as a base when we go away and not really to hang on the wall and look at though.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I have just read the review, and noticed in the review of the bathroom that it has a clear glass window and the blind would have to be pulled to give some privacy.
I mentioned this some years ago to Bailey staff as and was old it was to give additional light, my reply was that the firsdt thing you do on going in the bathroom was pull the blind and put the light on. Bailey just could not accept this and I had Vermont with a side facing clear window and was told that it was no more expensive to fit opaque glass windows. When will they get the message?
Colin

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Hopefully never.
As we like the clear window.
We like to see the views.
You can leave the blind down 24/7 if it makes you happy.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Our grandson used to love sitting on the toilet and looking through the window in our Burgundy, as well as opening it and shouting to us.
Still he's not big on decorum yet.
He hasn't been in our 524 yet what he'll make of no toilet window I shudder to think, his step brothers probably worse.
Sedop

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts