Bailey persuit front roller blind

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi All

Can any one help with my front roller blind conundrum? The tension needs to be adjusted which ordinarily is not a problem. I went to do it today however the side access to the tension screws is blocked by wooden facia on either end. Has any one else had this issue. I did try to unscrew the facia but even with all screws removed it wouldn't budge. Please tell me it's not a trip to the dealer for such as simple fix?

Thanks in advance Tony

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello lovo, you've not long had this caravan have you ? we have the one before you, the Orion and we have had the front blind to retensioned , the small rear blind retentioned also , if I were you I would not muck on with it and take it back to get it done by the dealer because if they find that you have been fiddling on with it they may charge you for sorting it .

Good luck .

Craig .

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Craig. Yes we have only had a t a few months. We had a ranger before with a similar front window set up. My only problem with taking it back is the cars we have are not suitable to tow with. We are due to get a new tow car in September. The van is on a seasonal pitch so I was hoping to not need to tow it until service time next year in March. We paid a chap to tow it to the site this year with a cost of 150 pounds one way. If I return it to the dealer that will be 300 to fix a roller blind! Think I'll have a go myself next week again, or just use the front curtains for the foreseeable future.

Cheers Tony

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As you are on a seaonal pitch, ask the owners about mobile engineers, they could come and look at it and probably not cost a fortune, also tell the dealers of your predicament. They might be helpfull. Always worth the phone call. It's not just the dealer that can do warranty work,
Or will I get proved wron yet again. :dry:

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Ours needed doing, Pursuit 430/4 and the dealer came to our home to do it! It took him an hour as an awful lot needs removing to get at the mechanism!

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response fellas. I will give the dealers a ring tomorrow.

Cheers Tony

Paul any other issues to look out for?

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Lovo said:
Thanks for your response fellas. I will give the dealers a ring tomorrow.

Cheers Tony

Paul any other issues to look out for?

Shower leaking! Repaired!
Charger failed. Repaired!
Heating failed. Repaired!
Microwave repaired. Replaced!
Toilet broke repaired.
From window blind finally collapsed and was repaired!
Excellent dealer service throughout!

We use it for 190 nights a year, so although it is just two years old it has been well used.

Love it to bits!
Sent from the middle of France where we are enjoying the heat

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Blooming hell Paul. Think I might change cars sooner after reading that list. Our last van vas a bailey ranger that we had from new. Great van only problem in five years was the front panel needed replacing and so did the shower tray. We are off to the Vendee during the summer for five weeks. Enjoy your holiday.
Cheers Tony

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Crikey paul !! Nearly as much as us ! Orion 45o-5 . 3 years old .

Gas pipe in oven replaced.
Leaking toilet . All replaced
Our charger burnt out to - but in france , over £2oo to replace and repair in france . All renewed under warranty when back in uk .
On to our 3rd front window due to vibration marks . Renewed via warranty .
But away every other weekend and love it still !!

Sent fron rainy north east leaning on the ironing board !! ;)

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Paul.

I am going to have to try to sort this myself next weekend. The dealer was no help. Can you give me any information on what also needed to be removed to get to the side access? I know the wooden side facia needs to be removed. You would think that Bailey would have incorporated access holes into the facia given the problematic nature of one piece front window tension issues!!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Tony

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I would take this further as it is on the warranty still and you are in a bit of a dilemma to which where you are situated and if you have just gettin it as you have , the dealer should be assisting you . Is there not a local caravan garage that does warranty work that could have a mobile engineer to come to you ?

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Craig and thanks for your response.
Starting to get somewhere now. Spoke to dealer and they are going to provide me with a new replacement blind. Apparently they are an was job to fit? The deal said it would be better to replace rather than fixing. Any info on replacing blinds or advice.
Cheers
Tony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts