Bailey Phoenix?

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I was speaking to someone in the caravan trade (ancilallry parts supplier) who mentioned that Bailey have another new caravan up their sleeves, same construction as the Pegasus, but (tentatively?) named 'Phoenix'

It's a bit hush-hush, apparently - although I don't know why, as the construction method is well and truly in the public domain now.

Possibly (and this is just my own theory) Bailey want to shift some stock of existing models before releasing another 'Pegasus' that, if it's aimed at the lower end of the market, would presumably wipe out Ranger and/or Pageant sales?

Anyone else heard anything about the Phoenix?

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Hello

There no plans to introduce any other Alu-Tech construction ranges at present.

As mentioned in previous posts Pegasus has been introduced to sit alongside the existing Bailey product ranges. The market will then decide which type of caravan they prefer. Should Pegasus prove popular then it could we be possible that other Alu-Tech ranges will be introduced in other areas of the portfolio.

I guess we will all be a great deal wiser in ten days time once we have gauged public reaction at the NEC show.

Best Regards

Kelly

Bailey Helpline

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi, and thnks for the clarification - as I said, that was what I was told.

As for the success of the existing Alu-Tech model, I assume that is a foregone conclusion.

Price is important, obviously - but the vastly superior construction method means that anyone spending in the region of 15K on a caravan would effectively be wasting their cash buying anything else.

If the same build quality can be moved down to the lower price range models I'm confident that Bailey would have an effective monopoly of the entire new caravan market, at least until your rivals offered something similar.

I'm no fan of UK caravans - but if I was in the market for a new van, it would now be an Alu-Tech.

It has to be said, Bailey have surpassed themselves (and probably every other manufacturer, including even Hymer and their PUAL construction)

Well done.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As someone who has just ordered a Senator in favour of the Pegasus due to lack of offside awning rail.gas locker configuration and new water system tank etc I am happy with the 6 year warranty over the 10 year one as like many new caravan buyers I have no intention of keeping the van over 3 years

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have just ordered a Ranger GT60 because the Pegasus is not

light enough for me - but will be disappointed if they produce

an Alu-tech Ranger next year.

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't see where I would put my windbreak or sun umbrella in the Pegasus so prefer the large one piece front locker doors. Interesting build concept though and hope its a sucess. Interior styling wasn't for us and at the end of the day, you have to live in it.

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Hello

There no plans to introduce any other Alu-Tech construction ranges at present.

As mentioned in previous posts Pegasus has been introduced to sit alongside the existing Bailey product ranges. The market will then decide which type of caravan they prefer. Should Pegasus prove popular then it could we be possible that other Alu-Tech ranges will be introduced in other areas of the portfolio.

I guess we will all be a great deal wiser in ten days time once we have gauged public reaction at the NEC show.

Best Regards

Kelly

Bailey Helpline
So Bailey why are dealers openly saying you are stopping production of the Senator range in the next few weeks.

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
As someone who has just ordered a Senator in favour of the Pegasus due to lack of offside awning rail.gas locker configuration and new water system tank etc I am happy with the 6 year warranty over the 10 year one as like many new caravan buyers I have no intention of keeping the van over 3 years
Dealers are saying the Senator range is beeing withdrawn by the end of this year.

TRENDING THREADS