bailey pursuit pump/drain valve problem

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone
Just set up my caravan for another year on a seasonal pitch but I have a problem every 10 minutes all of Saturday having setting up on Saturday morning the water pump outside kept activating for about 30 seconds and then turned off initially I thought it was because I had just set things up but after ensuring all the air was out of the system I eventually turned the pump off overnight to get some peace! ,but Sunday morning turned it back on with the same problem . I then looked under the caravan and saw the water was trickling out of the dump valve yet the yellow valve is flat (shut) so the water is trickling out and as the water in the system lowers the pump is putting water back in every 10 minutes or so the van isn't yet a year old so I could contact the dealer but has anyone on the forum got any ideas thanks Andy
Read more at http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/new-members-say-hello/50770-bailey-pursuit-pump-drain-valve-problem#gGshC7vPUS0yZ5Mh.99

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are certain the water is comng from the drain it could be one of two things.
1. Some kind of debris stopping the valve from shutting properly,possibly a bit of swarf from the build which has found its way to the valve.
2. A failed valve, but highly unlikely.

You could try flushing a load more water through to try and shift whatever it is, or it is a case of removing the valve unit and manually clearing it,or replacing with a new one.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ford cortina.
I'm not really qualified technically and I'm sure others on the forum will be able to offer more technical solutions.

But for what it's worth I have had a similar problem. I cured mine by opening and closing the yellow drain valve three or four time in quick succession and that solved the dripping. This was whilst the system was full and the pump turned on.
It has only happened to me the once so I'm thinking perhaps the switch/valve hadn't quite formed a proper seal so my little jiggle ( for want of a better word)
Worked.
It could be worth you giving it a try.

Best of luck at least you should be able to approach your supplier if that doesn't work. I hope that frost damage hasn't caused your problem though.

Regards Brian

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the swift replies im back home now but am going down again end of March and will give these ideas a go as taking the van back to the dealer now were all set up will be a pain

Thanks again Andy

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Fordcortina , we've got the Baileys Orion , I found the yellow drain valve very loose to as in a slight touch could cause it not to seal the valve pretty much like Brian says in his reply . Good luck .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
are you sure the water is leaking from the dump valve as people are calling it, I had a similar problem but it was the non relief valve that is located screwed into the heater via the red tube, the outlet for this tube is located very close to the dump valve discharge under the van and unless you crawl under the van and actually see the water dripping from which ever of the two discharge tubes then you will find the culprit.
What the non return valve actually does is when closed the water is going into the heater when you open the dump valve the non return valve opens allowing air to assist in the empting of the heater ,by sucking air via the tube located close to the dump valve, when the non return valve sticks in the open position it will result in the water when being pumped into the system to bypass the heater and discharge straight back down the air vent tube , which is positioned very close to the discharge dump valve.
This has happened to me with two different caravans.
Trust this is of help Royston

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Royston you are right the leak was coming from the "red" valve on the heater but the good news is that whatever was causing the problem has resolved itself so thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts