Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi there I am new to caravanning and whilst valeting it today i have managed to break the plastic part that holds the stay in place when the window is open. I know I can replace it and have found one already.

My question is, I know I can unscrew the stay at the top and that the handle is removed by pushing a panel pin into the small hole and the handle should slide up and off. This one won’t budge !!!! All the others I have tried and they slide easily. Typical luck for me the one I need to get off is stuck. Any tips or suggestions how I get it off without breaking it ?
Van is a 2017 Bailey Pursuit 400:2
Many thanks in advance

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Thanks mate 👍🏼 I shall try it tomorrow in daylight. However I think it goes up as it has a gap around the bottom and is solid on the top ? ?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK thanks for that info.
The only other thing I can suggest is use something other than a panel pin to push the tab in, a very small screwdriver would give you more leverage to press the tab backwards.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
OK thanks for that info.
The only other thing I can suggest is use something other than a panel pin to push the tab in, a very small screwdriver would give you more leverage to press the tab backwards.
No worries. I tried all sorts of tools it’s just not pushing that pin. I figure if I’m replacing the stay it comes with a new handle so I might have to drill it and see if that budges it. So frustrating. All the other hadndles including the opposite stay slide with ease. Typical the one I need to swap doesn’t move 🙄

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to my world !!!!
I get this kind of thing on almost every caravan I work on in one way or another.!!!!
😩 mate I feel for you ! At least it’s not just me. I’m just going to have to force it off I guess. I just don’t understand why it’s not doing it it’s a very simple thing 🤣

TRENDING THREADS