Bailey quality and customer service is absolutely appalling

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
since buying a new Cabrera V the quality has been appalling and the customer response has been non existent ! Have owned good Baileys before but would never buy another!!!!!!!!!!!
Date of registration : 12/03/2022

Price £ 28,364

Since purchase I have experienced nothing but issues with build quality and component failure

Below are the issues I have experienced in the first 11 months :-

On receipt of caravan LED lights above stove not working - not connected correctly

Main water inlet pipe under front seat incorrectly installed with kink stoping water flow to caravan

Bathroom to Lounge door does not latch as magnet design not capable

After 10months Bathroom to Lounge door became jammed closed and cannot be opened. (Service company detailed below has to break door to open)

Headboard in bedroom keeps falling off in transit- brackets installed upside down in factory

Front window right hand blind cassette -velcro not adhering so cassette is loose and blind not contained

Main door fly screen jammed and then breaks making screen inoperable and unusable

Under-bed bracket to hold table broken away from wood support when in transit

Rear under-bed locker door sticks so cannot be opened

Mattress cover seam wearing and hole appears

Multiple finishers require fixing / replacing

Jockey wheel tightening handle sheared meaning caravan could not be moved

Panoramic window blind does not stow correctly in overhead cassette

Both wardrobe rails fall down in transit as the rails have been cut too short so all clothes left in mess in bottom of wardrobe

great news is Warrenty company Prima is totally unresponsive to dealers !!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
since buying a new Cabrera V the quality has been appalling and the customer response has been non existent ! Have owned good Baileys before but would never buy another!!!!!!!!!!!

great news is Warrenty company Prima is totally unresponsive to dealers !!
That’s absolutely appalling. Could you not pursue a rejection under consumer laws, or via a finance or credit card company if either were used. What stops the dealer in fixing the defects as they are the ones who you have a contract with.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am very sorry to read of the catalog of issues you have had with your caravan, Sadly it is far from uncommon to find manufacturers to drag their feet about resolving customer complaints, but what is in my opinion just as bad is the way the manufacturers (not just Bailey) seen to be content with building caravans with so many issues, and not putting in the resources to investigate and prevent such failures in the first place.

I realise this does not resolve your problems.

However you do have another possible approach which is backed in law. With a caravan, you do not buy it from the manufacturer, your contract is with the dealer ( and the finance house if you use one) and there are some clear legally binding expectations customers can insist on being met.

Essentially it is in breach of contract if the seller sells defective goods, regardless of whether they caused the faults or not.

Read up about the CRA on sites such as the consumer associations Which? web pages. there is some very useful advice on how to use the Act in cases such as yours.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Remember under CRA 2015 you have the right to reject. Going by your post you are probably still within the 6 month widow to reject as it seems that you have given the dealer more than one opportunity to reject the caravan. We rejected our caravan when it was 11 months old as we were fed up with all the faults.

Just to add that when you reported a fault, the clock stopped on the 6 month window so there is a good chance that the caravan may still be under the 6 month window for rejection?

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would follow the advice from Other Clive and others and look at getting my money back. Given the use you will have made of it though, they may be able to make a deduction for this and a new caravan will cost more, which you might want to take into consideration.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly your experience is not uncommon. As the others have said you do have some powerful tools available to seek justice. Forget Bailey and Prima Leisure. Your contract of sale / purchase is with the Dealer. May we assume you have been pressing the Dealer for resolution of the issues?
I‘d send the Dealers MD a letter setting out the details of all the issues. Ask for a refund confirming you are rejecting the caravan as substandard . But bear in mind the advice from Ray. Quote the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Look at the Which? Site. They have a number of template letters you can use. Hope you get some satisfaction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts