Bailey Ranger 450/2 (1998)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to buy my first caravan and looked today at a Bailey Ranger 450/2 (1998). We liked the caravan but one thing we did notice was the floor was springy/soft in places. The guy selling it told us this wasn't anything to be concerned about and that it was normal in this type of caravan. Can anybody with experience of owning this type of caravan tell us if that is true?

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, No is not sounds like a bit of delamination of the floor it can be repaired but it is not right mine a ranger 380/2 and the floor is rock solid with no bounce at all and I'm 16stone, give it a miss unless the price is right and if you intend to proceed get it checked out with a damp meter

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Avoid it, it has nothing to do with the type of van!! It's not normal for any van to have a soft and spongy floor. Whilst delamination can be cured and is indeed possible to DIY the seller is misleading you by saying all is well. There are loads of well cared for two berth vans out there, with honest owners so just walk away and keep looking.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
From the other post's you may by now be gathering the idea that this guy is telling the odd porkie
smiley-innocent.gif

At this point I would be walking away as you will now not know what words to believe from him in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts