Bailey Ranger 450 /2 2001 - Leisure Battery

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

This might be a daft question, but... how do you turn on the leisure battery on in a Bailey ranger 450/2?

I was having a little play with a few items in the van from home, & I can't work out how to get it on to operate the lights.

Also, are there switch's to be flicked to let the caravan know to take the power from the Leisure battery, from the car battery, or the main site? And the same question for the electric & gas, do I have to press any buttons to tell the fridge & heating to run of gas or electric?

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Millar,

I assume you do not have the owners handbook for your caravan. Having one woudl be very helpful to you , so I suggest contacting Bailey, and see if they can supply one.
I am not familiar with the detail of the model of van you have, but as a general note, somwhere there will be a power distribution unit with a range of switches. One of these is usually marked Car/Van, Sometimes they have a centre position marked off. This is the switch that selects the 12V system power source. again depending on the system selected by the caravan manufacturer, there can be other 12v switches for things like pump, heaters, lights. In addition to the switches there can be fuses, and in particular there may be a fuse in the battery box. - worth checking.
It may not be obvoius, but not all the lights in the caravan are 12V, some are usually mains operated when you have a an EHU (Electric Hook Up).
I'm pretty sure someone will be along shortly who has the same model and may be able to offer more specific advice.

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
To make everything work turn the main switch on, and the lights switch on, both to be found on the control panel.
That works for us.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi millar84,
sorry for the delay in answering but I had to do a little david bailey first,

First as far as I am aware there is not a habitation relay in the bailey if there is I have not found one in the last 5 years although yours is a little earlier than mine the controls should be the same or similar.

no power comes from the car battery to run any of the electrics in the van it all comes from the lesiure battery and then it is recharged from either the EHU or the car while running, the fridge will run on 12v. 240v or gas. the heating runs on gas or 240v from the ehu. but a little of that later.

lights first these comprise of 2 sorts 12v and 240v.
these are the 12v ones
van009.jpg
van010.jpg

and these the 240v.
van008.jpg

to turn on the 12v lights you have to do so from the main light switch.
van003.jpg

after tuning on the master control switch "the one on the left
van002.jpg
ps the right one is for the pump.
you should have 12v lights now?

the water heater runs on either 240v or gas or both the control unit is at the side of the front bunk
van006.jpg
the switch on the left is for 240v the gas control is on the right.

the fridge runs on 12v. 240v. or gas it has 2 switches
van004.jpg
the red one is for 12v while towing the green one is for EHU only one switch should be on at any one time ie either red or green "unless running on gas when both switches should be off" the controls for gas are on the right
van005.jpg

finally the van heater is also able to run on 240v or gas, the 240v control panel is on the side of the wardrobe
van007.jpg

turn on the left switch first set the temp on the dial and flick the red switch on the right.

the van heater also has a gas control on the top of the unit
van012.jpg

I hope this info is usefull. ps if the pictures are a little small then right click the mouse on the image and from the drop down menu select view image this will enlarge them.
colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts