Bailey Ranger 520/4

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Tempted by a new Bailey Ranger 520/4 S6 this weekend and may sign up tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience of this van, good or bad, and what should I look out for. Any other general advice also gratefully received as we have never had a brand new van before.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
I bought a Bailey Ranger S5 510/4 last December. This van has the end bathroom a layout not available in the S6 Ranger. I didn't like the colour of the woodwork in the S6 Rangers or the lockers with no handles and most of all the fact that the S6 had fewer lights fitted, so opted for the S5 on a discount rather than a S6 (I would have had to get the GT60 to get the end bathroom lay out). However other than the reduced lighting all my gripes about the Ranger S6 is just personal taste.

Don't assume that because it is brand new, that it will be perfect. For this reason I would only buy a van that is in stock, so that you can personally inspect everything before you part with your money. In the caravan I bought my inspection turned up a sticky table leg that needed work (side dinette), a faulty wooden support under one of the front seats and in the bathroom some screws that were too long had been used, meaning they had penetrated through to the outside of the wardrobe. I made sure the table leg and seat support were repaired/replaced and the damaged wardrobe side recovered (and got money off due to the fact the wardrobe would never be perfect).

In general Bailey do not include a battery, try and insist that one is supplied free! I was caught out by this. No reason why if a small 2nd hand dealer can supply a battery, step, water containers etc with a

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Bailey Ranger S5 510/4 last December. This van has the end bathroom a layout not available in the S6 Ranger. I didn't like the colour of the woodwork in the S6 Rangers or the lockers with no handles and most of all the fact that the S6 had fewer lights fitted, so opted for the S5 on a discount rather than a S6 (I would have had to get the GT60 to get the end bathroom lay out). However other than the reduced lighting all my gripes about the Ranger S6 is just personal taste.

Don't assume that because it is brand new, that it will be perfect. For this reason I would only buy a van that is in stock, so that you can personally inspect everything before you part with your money. In the caravan I bought my inspection turned up a sticky table leg that needed work (side dinette), a faulty wooden support under one of the front seats and in the bathroom some screws that were too long had been used, meaning they had penetrated through to the outside of the wardrobe. I made sure the table leg and seat support were repaired/replaced and the damaged wardrobe side recovered (and got money off due to the fact the wardrobe would never be perfect).

In general Bailey do not include a battery, try and insist that one is supplied free! I was caught out by this. No reason why if a small 2nd hand dealer can supply a battery, step, water containers etc with a

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Cobbers

I own a Bailey Ranger 460/4 which is now 17 months old from new.

Have had no problems with the caravan the only thing that i have noticed and does concern me is the flat roof. Water tends to lay in puddles on the roof around the seals. Thats where the two ABS panels back and front are jointed up on the roof. Also the large sky light. I noticed on hot days the roof ripples but i gess this is to do with metal getting hot and expanding.

This is our first new caravan and apart from me being silly about the flat roof its GREAT.

All the best Steve & Janet

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Cobbers

I own a Bailey Ranger 460/4 which is now 17 months old from new.

Have had no problems with the caravan the only thing that i have noticed and does concern me is the flat roof. Water tends to lay in puddles on the roof around the seals. Thats where the two ABS panels back and front are jointed up on the roof. Also the large sky light. I noticed on hot days the roof ripples but i gess this is to do with metal getting hot and expanding.

This is our first new caravan and apart from me being silly about the flat roof its GREAT.

All the best Steve & Janet
Thanks Steve I will look out for that. Managed to sell ours privately so can run to the GT60 now. Collect in three weeks.....whoopee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts