Bailey Ranger gt60 520/4 2010 model.Front board under windows

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi has anyone ever changed/replaced this board as it seems theres been or is damp within as its soft on the right hand side and we want to replace it. Once again if anyone has done this please advise or point me in the right direction as of dos and dont`s

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If jts soft that's a sure sign of water ingress. You need to remove tgeboard and find out what's going on behind it.
Be prepared to be shocked at what you find. Damp is like an iceberg, fery little is visible on the surface, its what lurks beneath you need to be concerned about.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You need to fix the leak first - maybe a rail over the windows or a roof rail.

I've had it done on my Lunar, the first didn't fix the leak so had to be repeated - done by an AWS workshop so I've no idea how easy it is DIY.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Baileys of that age suffer from cracking in the abs panel around the screw holes, this is possibly your issue and like others have said will need fixing first. Depending on the damage you may get away with just drying out the timber frame and replacing the wall board (I managed to do this) or you will need to cut out and replace any damaged wood

Best of luck

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Baileys of that age suffer from cracking in the abs panel around the screw holes, this is possibly your issue and like others have said will need fixing first. Depending on the damage you may get away with just drying out the timber frame and replacing the wall board (I managed to do this) or you will need to cut out and replace any damaged wood

Best of luck
Thanks what's the abs frame please

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks what's the abs frame please
It’s the front ABS panel of the caravan that can develop cracks in it’s top joint that runs across the caravan roof. Because it was a known production fault many were replaced under warranty. My Bailey had it on front and rear panels. Very easy to spot if you get above the joint.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
It’s the front ABS panel of the caravan that can develop cracks in it’s top joint that runs across the caravan roof. Because it was a known production fault many were replaced under warranty. My Bailey had it on front and rear panels. Very easy to spot if you get above the joint.
Many thanks

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
actually it may be a GRP panel, best to check first before attempting any repairs. Can't remember for sure what the panel was made of, it's a good few years ago now

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m pretty certain it’s ABS, although a company that makes replacement f.ront panels use grp. In another Forum a company posted that rather than replace panels and disturb a lot they have a repair technique that works out much cheaper and stands the test of time.

Here’s a copy of the post. But before dashing down any line you need to diagnose the source and cause of the leak.

from 2006 to 2009 we must have replaced something like 200-300 front and rear panels on bailey, both warranty and accident damaged. since 2009 we no longerreplace bailey panels, which are merely cracked, we repair them. we consulted with bailey in the repair of the panels rather than replace and they are very happy with what we are doing and also because our body shop techs have been trained by the panel manufacturers in the repairing of them. we find it better to repairthan replace because it is quicker (ie no more water getting in), we dont have to wait for new panels and decals/badges, we are not disturbing other body seals unnecessarily and if the repair is done correctly, the crack should not re-occur.

Reactions: Bluetonic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts