Bailey ranger v Bailey Berkshire

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
We are looking to purchase out first family caravan , don't have a huge budget but have been looking at the Bailey ranger and the Bailey Berkshire year 2000
Any advice as to which one is best or is it just personal preference
Thanks

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello Lynne and welcome to the forum.
Your question is very difficult to answer really. The layout of caravans can greatly differ between different models.
Look closely at as many caravans as you are able, to see what actually suites you.

However the million dollar question with any caravan, is all about actual condition. If you do decide on a particular van and you don't have a great deal of experience I would strongly suggest you get someone with the required knowledge to accompany you on the final visit. Even to the extent of contacting a mobile caravan engineer. The cost of the inspection could save you a lot of problems and expense after purchase.

I have a caravan of the same vintage that you are looking at and whilst it shows various age related bits and pieces the service man who looked over it for me at least confirmed that it was roadworthy and didn't show any signs of the dreaded damp. It's amazing the confidence that gives when using the van.

Take your time and I hope you soon get sorted with a really good bargain.
Best wishes Brian

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not heard of the Bailey Berkshire and tried Google and did not find it. I can only assume it was a dealer special which will have a bit more kit. You need to establish what that is and if you want it. Otherwise I would go with the best condition.

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you ,
Will be taking my dad who has the experience , as worry about damp , it only for the state of the caravan but for the health of my young children ,
Have a few viewing arranged for the weekend so fingers crossed xx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts