Bailey Senator 5 Indianna - Future damp ingress through failed sealant.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have owned the above mentioned model from new and about 3 weeks ago it passed out of its six year warranty. It was serviced annually and all damp tests including the most recent (March) all returned negative results for damp ingress. However I appreciate that this may be at risk eventually owing to the possible deterioration of sealant etc.
I would be grateful to receive any advice from knowledgable readers who might have the experience to advise me as to the likely service life I could expect and when I might need to investigate the condition of the sealants on my van and the cost of replacement when necessary.
Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you will find the awning rails on the series 5 models are held on with screws and addesive not conventional mastic. They are very difficult to remove and are best left alone. unless you are replacing either the front or rear panels due to cracking, even then you will need new rails, as they are that well stuck on they bend on removal.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's most unlikely that the front panels will suffer cracking now as most S5s that were affected were early build models. Ours is a Feb 2005 S5 and had its panels replaced after 2 and 3 years. Later S5 builds seemed to have learned from the early failures.

TRENDING THREADS