bailey senator series 6 lots of problems

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As the subject of the topic is now in litigation it must not be discussed any further on this website until after the outcome of that litigation.

Users are requested to abide by this decision as it may adversely affect the outcome of such action.

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I've only just caught up with this story - it's all very sad indeed and underlines my policy of buying used at 1-2 years old:

- no serious problems (because you guys have sorted them out!!!)

- still in warranty for those last remaining niggles

- save a few thousand pounds in the process (driving out of the dealer's costs 10% in depreciation)

Think about it - are those very latest designs and fashion items really necessary? (I don't like grey anyway, we had enough of that this summer!)

Alan

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I've only just caught up with this story - it's all very sad indeed and underlines my policy of buying used at 1-2 years old:

- no serious problems (because you guys have sorted them out!!!)

- still in warranty for those last remaining niggles

- save a few thousand pounds in the process (driving out of the dealer's costs 10% in depreciation)

Think about it - are those very latest designs and fashion items really necessary? (I don't like grey anyway, we had enough of that this summer!)

Alan
Hi Guys

Just a quick post to keep you updated........

After inspecting the van at the manufacturers and still not being completely happy and satisfied, the dealer have now agreed to swap my van for another new one. Yippee!!! I must say that the dealer has been more than fair now considering the distress it has caused me and my family and of course the dealer over the past few months. We will keep you posted over the next week or so when the deal has been done.

Many thanks for everyones support and advice.

regards

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site

to all those with the problem of hot water coming out of the cold tap, this is an easy fix, all you need is a non return valve fitted in the cold supply to the boiler,this then stops the hot water backing up and thus coming out of the tap warm to start with,I had to do this with my bailey, on my ace the non return valve was there but connected to the wrong pipe, ....

Mark

But this should be fitted correctly in the first place don't you think

joan
couldn't agree more Joan, I'd like to know what actually gets checked in the pdi, I have had so many faults on my Ace it is unbeleivable how they get away with selling such shoddy workmanship. Mark

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site
Mark

I am sorry to learn of the various faults encountered with your new Bailey Caravan.

I can confirm that all items will e rectified by your retailer under your warranty.

All caravans go through a commissioning process on the production line where any faults are identified and rectified. I can only apologise that these items have not been picked up here or on the Pre-delivery Inspection carried out by your retailer.

Regards

Kelly Watts

helpline@baily-caravans.co.uk
hello Kelly, I think it's blindingly obvious that these so called pdi's never take place, this is not just bailey dealers but most, you only have to read through posts on these forums to realize that, as caravanners we spend thousands on these products only to be faced with months of trips to dealers to get things sorted,I myself have an Ace with loads contiual warrenty issues, its hardly suprising that some manufacturers are going out of business....Mark

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

It appears your problem was resolved quickly and to your entire satisfaction. Start to finish just how long did it take?

My series 6 Wyoming had a number of minor faults , all of which were resolved quickly by our dealer.

She goes back in november for her first service and resolution of :-

Hot water coming from cold tap!!

Kitchen worktop and bathroom worktop replacement, edging strips came off.

Bathroom door catch does not fully disengage, hard to open.

On windy days oven will not stay alight.

Otherwise we have used her extensively this year with no problems.

There is a pattern emerging. Some problems are of the manufacturers own making whilst a lot of the others involve outside manufacturers, eg ERA, Stoves, Hartal,etc.

In the final analysis caravan Manufacturers could save themselves a lot of grief and cost if their QA/ QC of both internal and external products was improved.

Overall I am happy with my Wyoming but wish it could have been 100% from new.

Surely when we spend

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys

just to say thanks to everyone for there help on this matter i now hope to be picking up a new spectrum 540 this week i just hope i have better luck with this one as i could,nt take any more caravans with problems!!

Hiya Mark

We have a series 6 wyoming and our van has been in for similar faults, we had a series 5 Indiana before that and within 5 months we had damp, this was due to a faulty window seal and water was coming in, the dealer repaired the van and it was like new. It didnt put us off buying another Bailey because generally speaking you do get alot for your money, however, you also get lots of faults like the ones you have mentioned, I think they are produced on a mass production line and I have been told by a dealer to expect lots of faults with Bailey vans. Ours is a Wyoming and its been in for 10 faults, we only got it in May 08, some of the faults are as you have mentioned, you have worried me over the warped walls coz i am sure ours have gone like that in the bathroom?? I will be checking it over

soon. Trading standards are billiant and I had problems with our new car, they were fantastic and gave me lots of advice, they did say take it back to the supplying dealers and give them the opportunity to fix the car, you can reject the item but I am not sure on the facts so give them a ring, I got my local trading standards no from the net. I have to say that my next van wont be a Bailey because I feel they are made on the cheap and thrown together. Bailey should be looking at the build quality instead of introducing new series and models and trying to outsell the other companies, they should be looking at keeping their customers long term and trying to improve their image for building good qaulity vans, I wish I had looked at these forums before I purchased a van, however, i expect all new vans come with some faults as do cars, just seems to me whatever we buy nowadays theres complete hassle and poor quailty!! Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
how do you know if the walls are warped then?.

i havent had any faults with my wyoming only the seats sagging they have now gone in to be refilled.

but i did have two new sterling elites that i had to reject because of serious faults and poor quality.

jo-anne

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi jo-anne

your wyomoing should,nt suffer with the warped walls as mine did mine was the louisana and it ws the internal walls that was warped you could tell because the bathroom door stuck out a futher 1 inch at the top and bottom and when you put a spirit level on the wall you couldnt miss it.It was just down to poor finishing. But that all in the past im now a proud owner of abbey spectrum 540 which i must admit i find the build quility world apart from the bailey but its every one to their own

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Fair play to Bailey. They took the Louisiana back and agreed it was not upto spec.

At least Mark wasn't put through months of agony or years in the case of Andy with his Ace Jubilees.

I'd love to hear from the manufacturers exactly what has gone wrong and why these rogue caravans slipped through their QA/ QC net.

And no I am not going around my Wyoming with a spirit level, I don't want to scare myself!! LOL.

Cheers

Alan

May 2, 2006
Visit site
I must be one of the luckly ones.Picked up our Virgina last Feb and have only one small fault on the cooker with the oven going out,this has been fixed.This is our third new Senator that we have had over the years and no problems with any of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts