Bailey senator wyoming series 6

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Update
I have bought a 1 owner from new upto date service history and habitation check
Immaculate condition Bailey GT60 620-6
2009 the wife absolutely loves it now I would like some opinions on which motor mover to fit I think i will go with a quad setup ? Pics to follow 🙂

Sounds a good buy and nice caravan, your patience has been worth it. Did the awning and other kit come with it?

Powrtouch are widely used, have good warranty support and responsive customer service. I have used Reich and Powrtouch and both makes stood the test of time. Reich at one time though were always more expensive and given the pounds level these days that’s probably still true.

Reactions: Spider10
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update
2009 the wife absolutely loves it now I would like some opinions on which motor mover to fit I think i will go with a quad setup ? Pics to follow 🙂
We have the Powertouch quad auto engage and think it is brilliant and worth the £2000. Very handy on the continent in some very tight turning places.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Update
Looks promising for many adventures in your new van i have only own one motor mover so i would go with advice other people on here about what they have use .

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Thanks everyone its bigger inside than the wyoming we saw as it isn't a rear bathroom and yes the air awning and everything else came with it 😀 from what ive read and your advice i think the power touch is what i will go for thanks again

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks everyone its bigger inside than the wyoming we saw as it isn't a rear bathroom and yes the air awning and everything else came with it 😀 from what ive read and your advice i think the power touch is what i will go for thanks again

Is a storm strap used with an air awning?

PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE, I THOUGHT I WAS REPLYING TO A DIFFERENT THREAD. :mad:

John

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Congratulations Spider 👏👏
On my third Powrtouch, latest one now 15 years old. My TA only has the Powrtouch fitted on the front axle. It is rated to move just over 2 tonnes up a 1:4 slope. It is slow and turns very slowly compared to a SA. No turning on a sixpence but it does the job required. You need to factor in your usable payload . Going for quad drive will have payload consequences. Ask yourself in what situations you need to use it and how often? Most times I can reverse into the pitch. That said I wouldn’t be without it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The AWD drive will take 60kg off your payload however I think you have blown air heating so a greater payload than many of us. Battery another 25kg. Gas bottle probably 15kg. Water aquaroll 5kg. Waste master 5kg. Steps 3kg. Pots, Cutlery & crockery about 10-15kg. The Tefal Ingenio Essential non stick 7 piece Pots and pans are ideal as they fit into one another.
This is even before you think about putting the awning into the caravan which may be another 20-25kg. Then we have wheel locks and hitch lock chewing into payload. We have all been down the road of juggling things around for them to fit into teh caravan. LOL! :D

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Is a storm strap used with an air awning?

John
Not sure what a storm strap its obviously its a strap of some sort but wont know until we spend a weekend in it to just play with everything
I only mentioned quad because I thought it would be best with 4 not 2 we will hardly use it tbh ive never had 1 before so would be good fun 😀 maybe a twin setup would be ok i just thought 4 wheels 4 movers i dont want it to struggle moving it even though its not a heavy van
I will look into pay load but i think itll be fine

Attachments

• IMG-20220830-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20220830-WA0011.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 12
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not sure what a storm strap its obviously its a strap of some sort but wont know until we spend a weekend in it to just play with everything
I only mentioned quad because I thought it would be best with 4 not 2 we will hardly use it tbh ive never had 1 before so would be good fun 😀 maybe a twin setup would be ok i just thought 4 wheels 4 movers i dont want it to struggle moving it even though its not a heavy van
I will look into pay load but i think itll be fine

Sorry Spider. My post re storm straps is a mistake.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how old the caravan is so difficult to say a lot. The items you refer to are common to most makes so are not a reflection on the caravan maker but the manufacturer of the bits involved.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
The wife now wants to upgrade to a 2019 buccaneer cruiser 50th anniversary edition which we have seen any thoughts would be appreciated I've heard good and bad about the front and rear panels cracking ?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The wife now wants to upgrade to a 2019 buccaneer cruiser 50th anniversary edition which we have seen any thoughts would be appreciated I've heard good and bad about the front and rear panels cracking ?
We have the 2018 Cruiser that we bought from new. There is nothing extra special about the 50th anniversary edition. We are very happy with ours although we did have to have the front panel replaced. Brilliant caravan and it suits our purpose.

You need to make sure that the caravan has a full service history and had the servicing done on time as the remainder of the 6 year damp ingress warranty can be transferred.

Hopefully you will be buying from a dealer. If so, I would suggest paying the deposit using a credit card and also having some of the finance on hire purchase. That way you are covered from 3 sides in case of any issues i.e. CRA 2015, S 75 of the Credit act and of course you have the protection of the finance company.

We had ours on HP for 4 years paying under £100 a month and when we did have an issue, it was fairly easy to resolve. There are also two Buccaneer Facebook groups that can offer valuable information.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Panel cracking in Elddis vans is an issue that many have noted, including on this forum. Elddis use ABS rather than GRP panels, and they seem more prone to cracking. Also panel cracks are not always covered by the water ingress part of the warranty. Have a look at the Elddis Owners Facebook group, if you want to see complaints in all their glory. That said, all vans have good and bad examples and it is the luck of the draw.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Buckman and Mel.
At nearly £30k buying from a Dealer has far more financial advantage than privately. Check out the Dealer too. Some are great ,some sadly leave a lot to be desired.Why not pay a few quid and have an AWS Engineer give it a thorough survey? Best of luck.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Panel cracking in Elddis vans is an issue that many have noted, including on this forum. Elddis use ABS rather than GRP panels, and they seem more prone to cracking. Also panel cracks are not always covered by the water ingress part of the warranty. Have a look at the Elddis Owners Facebook group, if you want to see complaints in all their glory. That said, all vans have good and bad examples and it is the luck of the draw.
Mel
I would like to point out that many other brands suffer the same issue of cracking panels and not just Elddis as they use the same ABS panels from probably the same supplier.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts