Bailey senator wyoming series 6

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies ithe 1 we are contemplating is a private sale and is fully upto date with service and damp reports and has a 10 year water ingress warranty owned from new I understand what you are all saying about buying from a dealer but the 1 we saw over the weekend had a sign on it saying motormover not included with the price but available at £1k I dont like chances .
As you all say there is good and bad with all vams and forums usually pick up on the bad but I will do some more digging before I pull the triger as it is a large chunk of money
Thanks again guys

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies ithe 1 we are contemplating is a private sale and is fully upto date with service and damp reports and has a 10 year water ingress warranty owned from new I understand what you are all saying about buying from a dealer but the 1 we saw over the weekend had a sign on it saying motormover not included with the price but available at £1k I dont like chances .
As you all say there is good and bad with all vams and forums usually pick up on the bad but I will do some more digging before I pull the triger as it is a large chunk of money
Thanks again guys
You only get the remainder of the 6 year water ingress warranty so it is a 2019 you will only get 2 years of that warranty. Maybe an idea to contact Elddis direct and ask if the remainder of the warranty can be transferred and then make a decision.

The warranty will probably only apply at the original purchasing dealership if you are able to transfer it so you need to check where it was bought in case it is the other side of the country from yourselves.

Reactions: Spider10
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
You only get the remainder of the 6 year water ingress warranty so it is a 2019 you will only get 2 years of that warranty. Maybe an idea to contact Elddis direct and ask if the remainder of the warranty can be transferred and then make a decision.

The warranty will probably only apply at the original purchasing dealership if you are able to transfer it so you need to check where it was bought in case it is the other side of the country from yourselves.
It's got a 10 year water ingress warranty so 6 year's remaining, just in contact with Elddis to see if it can be transferred so if needed we could use Lowdham

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It's got a 10 year water ingress warranty so 6 year's remaining, just in contact with Elddis to see if it can be transferred so if needed we could use Lowdham
Nope second owner only gets remainder of the 6 year warranty. Elddis will confirm this if you contact them.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
I stand corrected the warranty is 10 year's untill you sell the van then it becomes 6 year's and can be used if needed at any recognised dealer
Thanks buckman for enlightening me on that

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I stand corrected the warranty is 10 year's untill you sell the van then it becomes 6 year's and can be used if needed at any recognised dealer
Thanks buckman for enlightening me on that
No problem and glad that has been resolved. As said because of the work that dealerships have they will only take on warranty work on caravans sold by them because the rate for warranty work is probably lower than their standard rate.

Servicing should not be an issue, but if it is not the selling dealer and they find warranty work is required, that means a trek to the selling dealer for the warranty work unless of course you decide to pay for the warranty work to be rectified. Got that T shirt a few years ago. LOL!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to add that the 2019 Buccaneer has that shelf which covers the work surface and most people have had it removed as an easy job to do. Gives you a lot more workspace.

The Cruiser is a very nice caravan and we are very familiar with all its quirks. Check that the MTPLM has been upgraded to 2000kg otherwise the payload is meagre. The self levelling is a real bonus for us as both of us suffer from arthritis.

We have the AWD motor mover which we feel is essential on such a large caravan especially if you could to France or Spain. We had the ALDE continuous hot water system fitted so cannot run out of hot water. One aquaroll and the onboard tank will give you 80l of continuous water into the caravan taps. Also you have a load monitor so if on a site with max 10amp, you cna set it so you cannot exceed that amount. Basically the hot water heating shuts down for that period when you would be exceeding the 10amp.

We also did another of other upgrades to make the caravan as comfortable as possible for us.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Yes its been uprated to 2000kg ,also has the quad motor mover fitted, also air conditioning and auto satellite fitted it looks and sounds like a very nice and high spec van . I know they are alot of money hence me finding as much out as possible before hand

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes its been uprated to 2000kg ,also has the quad motor mover fitted, also air conditioning and auto satellite fitted it looks and sounds like a very nice and high spec van . I know they are alot of money hence me finding as much out as possible before hand
We have the Truma air con and Oyster sat dish fitted. Make sure that the dish works by pressing the button as it operates on 12v. The solar panel shoudl keep the battery charge up. The battery is normal aYuasa AGM battery and the solar panel controller should be set to 2 for optimum charging.

Check the front bunk seats to make sure that they are not sagging however the seats can be upgraded. We had ours done by Tockfields in Derby in 2018 and they still look as good as new. Check the mattress to make sure that it is not lumpy or sagging as that is a common issue, but mattress can be upgraded. We had both front seats and mattress upgraded.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Just been reading through this post from start to finish - not interested in the caravan in question and happy with what I've got, but I'd just like to say how refreshing it is to see a forum on which folk can share information and suggestions without bickering and keyboard warriors - long may it continue.
Thanks all
Steve

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just a quick update on the reverse camera its not an issue ref warranty as it was fitted by the supplying dealer
I’ve read the advert and have to say this really is a one stop shop rammed with every extra conceivable. If the reason for sale is true, I see no reason to doubt it, the paperwork is in order and subject ( for me) an AWS survey, this could be the bargain of the century.
All the potential contra indicators have been raised. I may well be tempted to clinch the deal before someone else beats me to it😎. Please let us know the final outcome and good luck

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just a quick update on the reverse camera its not an issue ref warranty as it was fitted by the supplying dealer
If the reverse camera can be used while towing that is a real bonus as you can then see if there are any vehicles tucked in behind you. In France and Spain they are notorious for doing that and you cannot see them in your mirrors they are that close

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Yes it work's whilst towing and you can see clearly all 8 lane's on the M25 (both sides) clear as day
What is an AWS survey? It is well specced and a genuine couple to boot I will definitely keep you all posted thanks 😊

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Approved Workshop Scheme whereby you can use a recognised AWS technician to conduct a damp survey, Safety Survey or Full pre purchase survey. AWS technicians and workshops will service/repair caravans and ensure that the work carried out keeps the caravan in warranty. If you Google Approved Workshop Scheme you will find technicians in you area or in the area where he caravan is.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Yes it work's whilst towing and you can see clearly all 8 lane's on the M25 (both sides) clear as day
What is an AWS survey? It is well specced and a genuine couple to boot I will definitely keep you all posted thanks 😊
Ideally, there should be two cameras. One wide angle for reversing, and a narrower angled camera for rear view. Both pointed as desired.

Many motorhomes have the dual camera setup.

Using either camera might work but will be a compromise.

The AWS is a survey carried out by a qualified technician. I think it is done to comply with set procedures. You may find info here.

John

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Yes there is 2 camera's as you mentioned
It's had a service this year (providing dealer) and a full habitation check done prior the sale for peace of mind ,ill look into a AWS survey thanks

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That is very handy being able to see behind the caravan when towing. The AWS does give you peace of mind, but if the caravan has been serviced recently by a dealership, there may not be much point in having another one down so soon? Your choice.

However from your posts it does seem to be a genuine seller with whom you are happy to negotiate. You could have many years of happy caravanning with your new acquisition if you go ahead with the purchase. (y) :D

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for all your help its a fantastic van and everything checked out it'll take me a month to learn it all
Sell the bailey now 😀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708_193854_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230708_193854_Gallery.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Mel and otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your help its a fantastic van and everything checked out it'll take me a month to learn it all
Sell the bailey now 😀
Congratulations and if you need any help I am sure I can assist as we have the 2018 edition of the Cruiser. Maybe one day we will see one another on a site. LOL!

We upgraded the foam in the two front seats as they started sagging after a few months. We also replaced the mattress with a Jonic 1000 sprung mattress and now it is more comfortable than our mattress at home.

The other upgrade was to fit a the ALDE Continuous hot water system and at the same time we had the fluid in the hot water system changed to the 5 year fluid. The latter may be worth checking to see if you have the 2 year or 5 year fluid in the heating system.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Yes it had the fluid changed to the 5 yr fluid in oct last year and also has alde continuas hot water system its also had a custom mattress topper made and as yet fingers crossed there is no saging of the seats even the cushions haven't been used I will get some better photo's later I also did a deal with the awning ,sun canopy and the wind break so i now have 3 air awnings 🤣 and the reverse camera is something else what a bit of kit that is
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts