bailey v swift v lunar

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went to NEC on Monday to look at new Challenger 540,and Bailey Senator Indiana, and also saw Lunar Solaris, all nearside fixed bed and 'open' plan living area,of the 3 we liked a dealer special based on the Lunar Solaris but twin axle with end washroom, now our dilema, until now we have had 5 caravans all from Swift group,has anybody any comments regarding Lunar and Bailey as both are significantly less to buy than the Swift, and are lighter.The Bailey and Swift both have board walls in the shower compartment, the Lunar TA is plastic lined, any comments on the board wall showers in top range cravans. Still haven't made our minds up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith,

We started caravanning 10 years ago and have always bought Bailey 'vans.There have been the usual little teething problems when getting a new 'van,but at no time have we had a problem in getting anything repaired.

We have now just taken delivery of a Pageant Burgundy which is a copy of the Senator Indiana,and are in the process of finding a place for everything.Bailey are now giving a 6 year warranty for water ingress,which has to be good news.

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
Keith

I've been caravanning for 16 years, and in that time have had 2 Compasses, 2 Swifts, and I have just taken delivery of my third Bailey - like Maureen (above) it's a Pageant Burgundy.

Very impressed with Baileys.

All of my vans have had board showers and I've never had a problem, tho' you do have to check the sealant around the shower tray, and it's easy to fix if it does get a crack.

Hope this helps.

A

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Being one of the poor people here we have a little used 98 Senator that we bought last year to replace a Bessacarr.

I'm well impressed with the finish and they have been improved and have the long guarantee.

Have no personal experience of Lunar but friends have been dissapointed and I've heard far to many campsites moans to consider the brand, all though I'm sure many find them grand.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2005 Lunar Quasar which we bought mainly because of the layout for our young family. Being fairly new to this forum I am amazed at the number of people that slate Lunar. Are there any happy Lunar owners out there? All I can say is there are lots of people posting messages about problems with their van, but Lunar doesn't get mentioned much. Does this mean there aren't many problems or are there no Lunar owners out there! Denise

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2005 Lunar Quasar which we bought mainly because of the layout for our young family. Being fairly new to this forum I am amazed at the number of people that slate Lunar. Are there any happy Lunar owners out there? All I can say is there are lots of people posting messages about problems with their van, but Lunar doesn't get mentioned much. Does this mean there aren't many problems or are there no Lunar owners out there! Denise
Hi Denise

Very happy with my Lunar,any problems I have are no different than any other van !

E njoy !!

Tina x

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
I purchased a Lunar Delta 620/4 in September last year. No real experience of other brands as I am back to caravanning after a five year break. I would say build quality is not great and I am waiting for a warranty part that has been on back order from Lunar since September and still not arrived!!

When you visit sites the lack of Lunar vans is quite noticeable-an awful lot of Bailey vans on site and perhaps this says something.

That said we are having a great time in our van and no major problems-just enjoy what you have.

P.S Does anyone else own a Luna Delta 620/4-I have not seen one on the road or on site since we acquired ours.

Ian

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
We're happy Lunar owners - we've had our Lunar venus since 1994 and not had one bit of trouble with it. Our local dealer falls over backwards to help at service time. And its lightweight to boot!

Therefore we have just ordered a new Lunar lexon EB. It seems to me that some caravan magazines have a downer on Lunar but in others they rave over them!

Must be like art and the movies - Depends on personal taste!

Friends who have a Bailey caravan have had several problems with it in the few months they've had it, and their dealer is awful - theres some horrid dealer tales to be told about them!

So once again it all boils down to choice and confidance in the product.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Denise,

I'm another happy Lunar Quasar owner (525 2005). Lightweight touring, plenty of space, smart looking (But You'd know all this)and a layout that suits my family (2+2)

Cheers

Mike

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
thinking of buying a new caravan with end bedroom. can anyone advice the best layout to go for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts