bailey v's swift, tell me more your stories

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi we will be changing the van in the next 6 months and would like to hear from you all about your good and bad points about your van, cust service, after sales.

good points and bad points.

what would you change on your van?.

what van do you own?

what is you ideal van?.

all messages will be read.

jo-anne

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We have a Bessacarr 645GL,leather trim etc. We bought it as a top of the range van 10 months ago, and it has not let us down.

The only thing needing fixed was a curtain track that was loose due to the screws being short.

We changed the mattress for one of the foam type that mould to your shape. The original mattress was very hard it's now in the loft so it can be refitted should we trade the van.

No stability problems when towing,all in all we are happy with our purchase. We have a really good family owned dealership at Dyce so I don't expect any problems dealing with then when the van has it's first service next month !!!!!.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi joanne

We had 5 Swift group vans, ranging from old Swift Rapide to new Abbey Spectrum, and we had minor problems with most of them, ranging from damp at first service to leaking taps from new,all were put right by local Abbey dealer and never a problem to get serviced, also had good service from Dometic under warranty, we changed to Bailey Senator Wyoming last year main reason, layout, second reason cost, third reason fittings, in our opinion the Bailey offers better value for money, build quality seems on a par with Swift products and most of the fittings come from the same manufacturers, so you pays your money and takes your choice, but we can't see the extra 3 grand in a Spectrum.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne.

We have a 3 year old Bailey Senator Montana & have to say its the best van we have ever had (previously had 3 ABI caravans) I have never owned a swift group so cannot comment. We are looking to change next year to a fixed bed T/A & at the moment its the Eldiss Crusader Storm that gets our vote. All of the 2007 seem to have gone now but 2008 are out in July.We are waiting to see if the Bailey Senator 6 due out later this year has a fixed nearside bed with parallel seats at the front on a T/A.

Went in a Bessacar 645GL at the weekend which was lovely but at

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne.

We have a 3 year old Bailey Senator Montana & have to say its the best van we have ever had (previously had 3 ABI caravans) I have never owned a swift group so cannot comment. We are looking to change next year to a fixed bed T/A & at the moment its the Eldiss Crusader Storm that gets our vote. All of the 2007 seem to have gone now but 2008 are out in July.We are waiting to see if the Bailey Senator 6 due out later this year has a fixed nearside bed with parallel seats at the front on a T/A.

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
alex, we bought an avondale dart 556/6 godiva special edition new in oct 05 from raymond james. we get it serviced by a service centre nr jacksons its much cheaper. my inlaws bought there abbey spectrum from broadlane caravans nr kenilworth. id like a bailey but craig wants a swift we will be changing it but it will be between july-oct i might even wait for the birmingham show.

jo-anne

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We bought a 2007 Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco and after having a few Crusaders over the years this feels the best built van we have ever had but the problem seems to be that the better built they are the heavier they become, but still we love it to bits!

We keep it at home and when I keep popping in during the day I love just to stand with a cup of coffee and just look at it. How sad is that then?

Does anyone else do daft things like that?

Oh and by the way how is the Kia doing?

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
I have a Bailey Indiana that has just been booked in for its first service, the only complaints I have are a plastic trim that has shrunk and the aerial is stiff to crank to 90deg. When I commented to the service manager that is was a rather short list and nothing had been done before his comment it was not unusual on a Bailey. Van was clean and perfectly prepared on collection.

This is my 6th new caravan and first Bailey. All previous caravans had far more problems, 1989 an avondale with rippled interior wallpaper, 1992 Abbey Oxford (cossalt build) both side walls delam, cracking shower trays and front panel cracked. 1995 Eccles (sprite build) front and rear panels cracked. 1999 Eccles (swift build) floor cracked requiring body to be lifted and new floor fitted. 2003 Eccles (swift build) multiple minor faults that were never rectified with numerous visits to dealer. So I think the Bailey caravans are great."

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts