Bailey - Warranty repairs - 4 Months Wait!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
John L that may be true re warrenty work, however it depends on the Dealer.

Ive developed a cracked front panel in my Abbey Vogue, Kath contacted me through this website and contacted the dealer, the van could have gone in within a week of their contact with me to be looked at and a desision on what action is needed. As I have been away in the van this week it is going into Highbridge on Saturday, and they will keep the van until complete. I have however given then a 7 week time line as we are going away again at Easter. So not all manufacturs or dealers are the same.

Although I have had a few problems with the 2 Abbey caravans I have had from new I would still go for another swift group product every time.

Kevin Hould

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely the warranty work can be carried out by any Bailey dealer, so if it was me, I'd be looking elsewhere to get the work done.
Hello Andy R,

Not necessarily so! - The Sale of Goods Acts (SoGA) specifically name the seller as being responsible to ensure the goods are fit for purpose. If it transpires they are faulty of fail to perform as agreed or specified, because of a fault that was present or inherent at the time of sale, the legal responsibility is the sellers.

Some manufactures have decided that to ease the customers life, they have allowed dealers other than the seller to undertake some repairs. The manufacture may underwrite the cost of these, But the non selling dealers can still refuse to carry out warranty work that is the responsibility of the original seller.

This is different to the manufactures guarantee, which is subject to the terms and conditions specified by the manufacture. Some jobs may be treated as either warranty or post sale guarantee work.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John L that may be true re warrenty work, however it depends on the Dealer.

Ive developed a cracked front panel in my Abbey Vogue, Kath contacted me through this website and contacted the dealer, the van could have gone in within a week of their contact with me to be looked at and a desision on what action is needed. As I have been away in the van this week it is going into Highbridge on Saturday, and they will keep the van until complete. I have however given then a 7 week time line as we are going away again at Easter. So not all manufacturs or dealers are the same.

Although I have had a few problems with the 2 Abbey caravans I have had from new I would still go for another swift group product every time.

Kevin Hould
Hi Trucker

I quite agree.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Well that is news for those of us who are considering changing our vans this year. I won't be going to Bailey. I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by Swift on this site and will be looking at their vans with interest in the autumn.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Alex
The problem here is the dealership NOT Bailey. But a phone call to Bailey to tell of this dealerships holdups might inspire someone to 'kick a...'

Margaret

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Further to my earlier posts, today our Bailey Senator Oklahoma had the work carried out by Chipping Sodbury Caravans to replace the three front window seals, sort out the leak from the rooflight, replace the bracket holding the floor to the outer wall adjacent to the entrance door and (temporarily) refix the wall between the bedroom and bathroom to the roof. To permanently solve this particular problem will, apparently, require the caravan to go back to the factory in August for approximately three weeks (!).

In just over ten days time we set off for a two-month tour of Spain and then will spend June and July touring Germany. Hopefully the caravan will still be in one piece when we return in early August.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts