Bakewell club site

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks

We've booked at this site to get away from the decorators this weekend(having had the builders in since July). Has anyone been there? We know the area well as its only 25 miles from home and we walk regullarly with the LDWA but have never stayed on this site before.

Regards

Denise

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Denise,

We found it to be a lovely site when we went a few years ago. However, I feel I should just give you a word of warning as far as access to the site is concerned, you would be turning left into a very narrow and steep lane beside the church in Youlgreave, which is very often littered with parked cars. We found it a very tight squeeze with only the smallish 'van we had at the time! We went back to have a look at the site the year before last, and still looked as nice, however, we did notice no twin axle 'vans or large motorhomes??!!

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Wendy

We tow a Bailey Senator Virginia with an 07 CRV. Sounds like it might be a tight sqeeze. Is this narrow steep lane the recommended route/only route? If so, its strange they don't warn you when you book. After all, you state the length of your caravan when you book, don't you.

Regards

Denise

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Denise,

They do actually have a little note in the book to warn you of the access route. I don't think there is another means of getting to the site though! Saying that, we went in season, which meant there was obviously alot more visitors. It may not be as bad this time of year!! :O)

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Wendy

Had a lovely weekend at Bakewell (Youlgreave) The site was fantastic even with the extremely stong winds. On Sunday morning the car looked as if it had been stored under a tree for the winter. It was lovely and wild. The access wasn't particularly difficult this weekend although it was good to be aware that it could be a problem. The right turn out of the end of the lane by the church on leaving the site wasn't very nice though. The only regret was not finding out what time bellringing started on Sunday morning as we would have gone along as we have not rung in Youlgreave.

Regards

Denise

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Dennise,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. I wondered how you find the new CR-V coping with the Virginia. I use the same CR-V and I am interested in the Virginia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts