Balancing your caravans Wheels.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Driving home the other day, and thought, might have to rebalance the wheels on the car. Then thought what about the wheels on the Caravan. I don't know if they were balanced or not. IT must be better to have them balanced.
What do you think.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Of course they are better balanced .... the van does not tend to self destroy itself then whilst being towed ;) one of the most common fault is the fire front coming loose :eek:hmy: some get round that by putting a screw through the casing to hold it in place, mine are balanced and the fire front is just held in place by the spring clips :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Two new tyres on van recently so ours are balanced , you feel the the difference when they're not . Hardly ever bump a kerb so car wheels are spot on to but check everything regularly.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It makes perfect sense to have any rotating object balanced, and despite manufacturers telling you otherwise, it is very important for caravan wheels to be balanced.
It will save a lot of items being vibrated out of place, and stop items like fire fronts falling off during transit.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
WC , yes an old series three Long wheelbase landrover, in Nigeria, no wheel balancing in those days, inner tubes in the tyres as well. Sxxx myself when I burst a tyre one day. Ahh memories. B)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
WC , yes an old series three Long wheelbase landrover, in Nigeria, no wheel balancing in those days, inner tubes in the tyres as well. Sxxx myself when I burst a tyre one day. Ahh memories. B)[/quote

You remember that far back . . . . :p :whistle:

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Its not just fire fronts and loose furniture. Unbalanced wheels also affect suspension components, wheel bearings and can accelerate tyre wear

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought, I can't check the vban until I pick it from storage until Monday, do the suppliers of new wheels for new vans balance their wheels? I asked for Tyron bands, I wonder If They balanced the wheels afterwards. I should have checked. My fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts