ball hitch

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
James,

Best advice I can give is throw it away and buy a new one!

For an alko stabiliser you will need a towball with a slightly extended neck, you will be able to buy a new one from a dealers or from Towsure for around

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Jim,

Sorry, on reading your post again I notice there is punctuation between car & tow ball. So I 'm guessing it is a second hand car you have bought rather than a second hand tow ball. Sorry about that.

Probably same advice stands though, buy a new towball suitable for alko stabiliser.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Rob-T's recommendation is sound, especially with reference to the longer neck towball that you need for an AlKo stabiliser. However, if the car is already fitted with an AlKo-specific towball, but it has gone rusty, I prefer fine wire wool to remove rust rather than emery paper because it gets into all corners better than emery paper. Only if the surface is badly corroded and rough would I use emery paper to smooth the surface first and then touch up with wire wool.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most if not all DIY shops sell a small firm sponge covered in abrasive, these I think are for sanding irregular shaped wood/old paint prior to re-painting but make them ideal for a round towball

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts