bank holiday

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Well here we are at a CCC cl at pleasley vale, nice little site and wathching the horses in the fields, but where are people going this bank holiday as we are the only ones booked in on here ?, mind you its lovely and quiet.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We don't generally go away on Bank Holidays as there are too many carvanners on the roads
smiley-wink.gif

I also try to avoid DIY shops and garden centres.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Graham,
We're not away this Bank Holiday due to other commitments. However, I'm only a couple of miles from you if you fancy a beer!
Enjoy your break.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Back last night from Carsington and orf to Flamborough Monday Morning. Then home Saturday to get the Peeps ready for School. Not too bad that'll be 5 weeks away in all for the summer hols and paid no more than six pounds a night at any of them!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Like others,we never go away bank holidays.
Were off next saturday though.
Going to Hele Valley Holiday Park near Ilfracombe for a week
smiley-smile.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dont go away on bank Holidays but we have just come back from Brynich in South Wales. Off shortly to Prague, Krakow and Dresden.

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
We have a lovely view over the duck pond and a field of grazing sheep on a nearby hillside. Just got the awning tensioned and the wifi setup for the TV. Daughter and son inlaw and son and partner have the caravan, cousins of varying ages in the awning and two tents. Plus house full of rellies by 8pm for a 3 way birthday party long weekend. Stay at home BH always wise and no drink drive worries.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Do most bank holidays but havent done the August one for a few years now
last one before kiddywinks go back after there hols so too many traffic jams for me.
Have you tried getting in and out Devon in August?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately we are away till next Tuesday, the small site that we are on is now full to busting, can't use the laptop as we stuggle to get a signal on our phones ( am doing this from my phone ) .....
smiley-laughing.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are at Duinrell in the netherlands for a week with the lad. Can recommend it if you have childrenespecially teens but OH almost had kittens towingthe van around the site to the pitch.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We came back from The Lizard last friday to avoid the bank holiday rush.
Off this thursday to Daleacres CC Hythe. I hope we have two weeks of sunshine for a change. My wet gear is getting worn out.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As sites are very busy at Bank Holidays and we are now retired we are leaving it until next weekend to go away. Given this weekends weather it looks as though it was a wise decision.

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
We are at Houghton Mill contemplating the virtues of bothering to join the Caravan Club for a further year. We definitely won't ever come back here and feel the Club Sites in general are becoming more expensive but more relaxed and sloppily run. For the first time ever on a Club Site the ladies toilets are smelling most unpleasant due to the bins needing emptying, the grass is being constantly mowed and the clippings being dumped feet from our caravan resulting in a damp rotting smell, football is being played, people are pitching whatever wherever and the wardens are rude.

However, we are yet to find a CL that doesn't come up to standard in the main and moreover the owners are only too happy to have you to stay and provide a service for which they are paid. We also have Club insurance which is another consideration.

Roll on tomorrow when its home time.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Glad we had last night aswell, the sun came out this morning, yes it did
smiley-cool.gif

It dried the awning & the wind break so we could pack everything away dry, It's all now back home & it it's place till next time.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Sproket said:
Glad we had last night aswell, the sun came out this morning, yes it did
smiley-cool.gif

It dried the awning & the wind break so we could pack everything away dry, It's all now back home & it it's place till next time.
When i packed up on monday it was dry, till i put the last item in then it started to rain, jammy or what.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts