Barn door confusion

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Collected our 2014 Bailey Platinum Pursuit last week and now on holiday at Brixham.
I didnt notice it before,but on previous caravans,,weve been able to split the entrance door into 2.
Bottom half closed to keep the dog in and top half open using the door clip.
Ours has the door clip on the bottom half.
When the bottom is closed.....there is no clip to hold the top half open.
Surely this isnt right is it.....or am I missing something here?.
OK.....I could use a bungee strap but I dont think this would be ideal.
Any thoughts please.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Normally there’s a receptor clip mounted on the body where the top half swings to. Strange if it’s just a free swinging door as windy conditions would play havoc.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
It certainly is strange otherclive.
It almost seems as though they have fitted the door stay to the wrong door.
Maybe a phone call to Bailey may shed some light on it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking at Chipping Sodbury website all the Pursuits with a nearside photo have the receptor clip in what is the normal position. So yours might have been changed by someone as I can’t imagine it’s been like that since 2014. But if it had been changed you’d expect to see where the original receptor had been mounted. Strange one.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess this one was made by the same short person as yours. Beggars belief doesn’t it.

Oops we’ve put the window too near the door. :whistle:

DC9920-E5-DB68-4627-B184-27-E4-DB035-C4-C.jpg

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yep.....that was the reply from Bailey when I contacted them today.
Because the window would be right behind the door when it is opened,they put the catches on the bottom door.
Funny thing is,I measured the gap between window and top door when it is opened and there would be plenty of clearance to have put
the catch

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
GeorgeandAde said:
Because the window would be right behind the door when it is opened,they put the catches on the bottom door.
Funny thing is,I measured the gap between window and top door when it is opened and there would be plenty of clearance to have put
the catch

What do you know about such things after all you are only a caravanner who uses the things. Designers and makers know best :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
GeorgeandAde said:
the catch

What do you know about such things after all you are only a caravanner who uses the things. Designers and makers know best :)
Totally unacceptable. Why on earth would anyone want the lower section open and the top closed?? Maybe they should have fitted a one piece door??

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:
GeorgeandAde said:
the catch

Totally unacceptable. Why on earth would anyone want the lower section open and the top closed?? Maybe they should have fitted a one piece door??

To practise cave rescue perhaps!

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Well the door not fouling the fridge vents is sort of a leap forward. The Decals look exciting though. Reminds me why I don’t have a U.K. van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts