Basin Tap

Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
Buccaneer Argosy 2004. Back to van after winter break and have a tap problem. When we switch water to internal so using onboard tanks the basin tap gushes water straight away. Stops as soon as rocker switch turned off. I changed the cartridge but no luck. Ideas welcomed.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There can only be a couple of possibilities.
One is that there is a split in the tap body.
Second is the taps use the microswitch to operate the pump and one of them is stuck ON.

Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
Would a failed microswitch cause water to gush from tap when internal use switch is on even if basin tap is closed. It's not a drip and stops when internal switched off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think a failed micro switch would cause the symptoms you describe. If the tap is appears to be turned off, and it still passes water, then it has to be the tap.

Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
Would a failed microswitch cause water to gush from tap when internal use switch is on even if basin tap is closed. It's not a drip and stops when internal switched off.i
I don't think a failed micro switch would cause the symptoms you describe. If the tap is appears to be turned off, and it still passes water, then it has to be the tap.

Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
To be honest I'm not sure if tap is open or not. It started when we first put switch to internal after winter storage so tap was most likely open. When iv dismantled it to this state and turn internal switch on water 20200313_165151.jpgcomes through this bit

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are saying that water comes through with the tap dismantled as shown in the pic, then what do you expect !!
If your system is a pressure switch operation then as soon as you apply power the pump will run as soon as a tap is open, and as per your picture, the tap is open as it is in pieces.

• Wow
Reactions: Parksy
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You didn't make it clear that the tap was still dismantled!

On the assumption you do have a switched tap system and not a pressure switched system, its important to understand that the micro-switches in all the taps are wired in parallel, which means when any tap is turned on, it will cause the pump to run.

There is a cam peg in the tap head which operates the micro-switch If you have dismantled the tap its possible the switch may not be activated correctly. Try reassembling the tap and see if it works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts