Bathroom window. Clear or opaque?

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Exhibitionist? :cheer:
Must confess to being an opaque family ourselves. Once refused a new van because it had transparent window. Dealer/manufactures put an opaque one in for us, that or no sale.!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We prefer clear so we can enjoy the view whilst on the throne

You enjoy the view OUT, we don't enjoy the view IN. :sick:

Edit - When we had an old van with a clear window the OH soon made a net curtain. Our current van has an opaque window, but the window is behind us when on the throne, so wouldn't be in a position to enjoy the view in any case. :(

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Clear so there is a choice. Looking out at the view when teeth cleaning. Blind closed when showering or dressing. In order to be seen on the loo a would be voyeur would have to stand on tippy toes and press his/her face to the window. Anyone daft enough to do this deserves the ensuing shock.
Mel

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Kev wrote - "You what?????????????

You mean they actually come in clear???????????

Yeh they do Kev, -- then pull the blind down to use 'em!

NOT a voyeur, as the last thing I want to see on the next pitch to us are the multi activities in the washroom/loo next door to us.

Oh and by the way our bathroom window at home is also frosted glass. (Is yours? - Yes? _ I wonder why?)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Opaque I suppose. Ours is frosted but as I rarely use the on board facilities ( I leave that to the wife and kids) I haven't had cause to worry on the subject. Our Youngest daughter however has just worked out how to open windows and thinks nothing of opening the widow wide whilst parking her breakfast and announcing to the world exactly what she is up to.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Ours is clear and at first I thought it was a bit of design flaw but it is nice to admire the view while doing your teeth and also lets in better light for us ladies when doing our hair/make up so its fine to just pull the blind closed when more privacy is required!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ours is an end bathroom, the window is tinted, it has fly screen, blind and a Roman style curtain ( I am told) we have the window open and top vent open to let the condensation from the shower out. And we normally pitch back on to a hedge, so no problems.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Clear gives the best of both worlds.
View to admire, more light, some good sunrises.
We do have blinds and fly screens.
Opaque with the light on Oòooooooooo.

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
We have a clear window (nice views whilst using bathroom!) and have never had any issues until the other week in York when the guy in the van next to us kept coming over to talk and used the rear of our van to reach us. Blind was kept firmly down until they left.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
And thats another thing, Folk taking short cuts across your pitch, had one bloke short cutting, when the dogs set of growling and barking, he got a bit upset, but I pointed out , they are being protective and warning us someone is too close, and that they were on the 2 meter leads, he didn't short cut again. They are softies really.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
At our age we would not want to frighten the other caravanners so we are happy with the frosted finish. Not sure why you would want a clear window and have the site watching your abolutions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts