Bathroon doors

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

We are in the process of buying our first caravan, yesterday we spent the day looking around various makes models and layouts and one of the things i found was the toilet doors all seem very narrow.

Would any of you nice people know if all Bathroom doors are the same width?
Although i am in need of losing a few pounds i would not consider myself to be fat but found that i had to enter the bathrooms sideways on :blush:

thanks

shakey

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
No, they are not all the same width. You have discovered the very real advantage of trying caravans on for size before buying! The size of the door will depend on the space available, you may find that sliding doors are going to be slightly wider than those that are hinged. The latter will be dependant on how much space is available for them to open into (or out to).

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Usually, end bathroom models will have a proper door, whereas some of those located amidships are a real compromise.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think most recent caravans will have good size doors but perhaps not all vans more than about 5 years old will do so. Without major alteration there is not much you can do about what it comes with, so the only advice can be (a) if thinking about new, study floorplans from makers websites, Most sites will havee videos as well but since these seem to be taken with wide angle lenses the doors may be wider than they actually are. (b0 find some larger dealers and go for an afternoon's walk round and climb in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts