Batteries and movers

May 30, 2021
Visit site
I got a new mover fitted to my caravan last year and I was told I need a stronger battery, so I bought a bigger battery, I have used the mover a couple of times no bother, but, since i tried to use the mover twice, this year each time the battery was on 12 volts, as soon as I tried to engage the mover the charge went straight to empty, can anyone tell me if its the battery fault, or could it be something else.
Regards

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes even if you think you have switched everything off there can be a current drain. Often the radio stays live. Was the battery charged between mover events? Was it fully charged by you when first installed earlier this year? Best thing is to remove the battery and put it on a charger for a couple of days. Then remove charger and leave for a couple of hours and check battery voltage with a meter. Repeat a 2-3 days later and the bolts should be virtually unchanged.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You may have thought the battery was full as it showed 12 volts. But in fact a full battery should be 13 volts plus. Therefore when putting a large load on it it appeared to die. That's my guess. First try to charge the battery. You may need to google the best way if it's very flat. Also it may be beyond redemption. You should have a guarantee though, try that.

When leaving in storage for a prolonged time make sure that there is no continuous drain on the battery. Or have this dealt with by occasionally charging or fitting a solar panel.

John

May 30, 2021
Visit site
You may have thought the battery was full as it showed 12 volts. But in fact a full battery should be 13 volts plus. Therefore when putting a large load on it it appeared to die. That's my guess. First try to charge the battery. You may need to google the best way if it's very flat. Also it may be beyond redemption. You should have a guarantee though, try that.

When leaving in storage for a prolonged time make sure that there is no continuous drain on the battery. Or have this dealt with by occasionally charging or fitting a solar panel.

John
Thank you for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts