Battery and fuse problem

Sep 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi all
I have a Swift Challenger X 880 my problem is we noticed the white fuse was not in but everything in the caravan was working well I refitted the fuse all was well we then had an acrid smell in the van it turned out to be the battery and charger were very hot so I replaced the charger and battery it's all working but I am now worried about replacing the fuse has anyone any ideas as to why this has happened.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not knowing your caravan, the "White" fuse do you mean. The main one from the battery. ? 20 amp .
It is very serious to have to replace the charger and battery.
What happened before the fuse "Blew" .

Sep 15, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for reply
The fuse is marked 25 and labelled charger the fuse didn't blow we had the smell and on checking the battery and charger they were both very hot so on advice from a local caravan shop we had the battery checked it was knackered so they advised charging the battery and charger but it still leaves me with the problem do I refit the fuse as all is working without it

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hiya, the possibility is that all electrics are working because you are on EHU Electric Hook Up. power from the caravan site. This will give you power to the fridge cooker ring, microwave etc. all 3 pin sockets, and through the PSU. Power Supply Unit, which is the main electric power control, which will give the 240 power, but also power to recharge the battery and also might give( I don't know your van ) power your 12 volt system , lights and other things.
If the 25 amp fuse from the battery has blown due to maybe a problem with the battery, best really without some one near you that can check it out. Get a caravan mechanic out to sort it out. Sorry without being there I cannot help more.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If you are away, it might be best to disconnect one of the terminals from the battery, that will isolate that from charging and any possible electrical fire.

Reactions: Ferrodo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts