Battery charger keeps tripping

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi folks
Plugged the van Into the mains at home today as I was wanting to charge the Battery, seemed fine till I switched the charger on and mains in house tripped, tried a few times with same result
Was working fine a few weeks ago and vans not moved in that time, just powerwashed but I've checked battery ect and it's all dry
Total newbie so help lol

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First mistake you have made is powerwashing your van , that is something that caravans do not like at all.
However, what else is powered from the same circuit as the charger?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK Thanks.
You will be pleased to know that your power distribution system (Nordelettronica ) is a well known problem as it is the worst system ever put into a caravan and has been and still is a nightmare.
However, help is at hand.
If you contact Paul at Apuljack Engineering, he will talk you though various things and identify what is wrong.
He can repair any part or parts to better than new at a reasonable price.

http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Question: "..the mains tripped....." What tripped? Was it the MCB which suggests over current, or was it the RCD which suggests an insulation problem? More clarification will help.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
stevenst said:
It was the main rcd in my house that was tripping

Then start looking at your EHU cable and the associated connections. If it is an in-caravan problem the caravan RCD should (note - should) trip first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts