battery drain

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
First time out with my own van connected to the 'white plug'. There didn't appear to be a problem until later when I went to start the car and it wouldn't turn over. Got a jump ,did what I had to do and it wouldn't start again. there appears to be a charge,(14.2v). Got home recharged fully on bench and it ran fine till the following w/e and went out with the van again and drained the battery again. Its a big battery 88aH 800cca and only 15 months old. didn't think that the battery on the car gave any power to the van ?? anyone any ideas as its gonna cost mucho for another big battery if it has just gave up the ghost or if its been killed. Thanks

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Paul,

Do you leave the van connected to the car when on site?

If the fridge is switch on to 12volt when connected to the car without the engine running, then the car battery will flatten very quickly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The situation stated by Tony A will only arise if (a) there is no voltage triggered relay in the 12V feed to pins 2/6 or (b) if the relay is faulty or incorrectly set.

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
The van has its own battery and the van is disconnected from car as soon as we arrive on site. When connected to the car the fridge switch is not selected at all as I thought it was automatic as soon as I start the engine.

TRENDING THREADS