Battery problem

Sep 7, 2024
Visit site
BDD99DAC
Caravanner

NEWCONTENT Posted on 07/09/2024 11:19
Hi. Currently in Italy in our Sprite 2. Unfortunately we have a battery charging issue. We are only staying on sites with EHU but battery is not being recharged. I have a spare old battery and a charger and am currently swapping the new and the old battery over when panel displays ‘leisure battery poor’. However the time between battery changes is decreasing and as we are away for another 3 weeks I’m worried we may end up without power. My question is would a portable solar panel help to extend the time between charges.. We are moving on Monday and will be passing very close to Milan where there are a number of caravan accessory shops.
Many thanks for any advice Paul.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Without doubt a solar array would help, but I'm wondering if your battery (s) may be old or worn out. Have you had them checked? If you are using sites with EHU's, then the caravans battery charger should be working and be more than enough to keep them topped up.

If you have been swapping the batteries over, is it possible you may have unintentionally made a wrong connection which might have blown the chargers fuse?

I'm not sure what your circumstances are, but you could get a 6A or bigger smart (multistage) battery charger (there are many available these days) and use that on the caravans battery when your on site.

Reactions: Mr Plodd
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but on my caravan there are three switches on the power control unit under the bench seat, 12v dc on/off, heater on/off and charger on/off. From memory the charger switch isn't illuminated. Is yours similar? Is it switched on?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts