BBC poll - vote now!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
My reference to the class 142 was tongue in cheek they don't have the best reputation in the world as you say, however to be fair a 142 will allways get you back much like the 101's of old.

I did sign the class 175 when they where new and first group had our franchise but the trains where transfered to arriva wales when serco took over us and we where left with what the train spotters now call the new heritage stock.

I am led to believe by the lads at arrivas depot in chester which is a route i sign that we are soon to take over some of thiere work from chester to manchester picc and apparently we may be required to train 175's again.

Quite right though the modern train is a lot more user friendly and a lot more reliable but the buzz of 2 or 3 class 40's coupled together on full bore is something to cherish, i wonder how many caravans that would tow?. 3000 ton was not unusual on the stone trains.

better stop before this thread gets re-named to the spotter thread.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
just voted too.....and 54% for caravans.thing is what has the rest of the uk got against us?

its the same in my job(im a hgv driver)just because we are big and in front of them they belive that we should not be there,holding them up.all i can say is tough....get use to it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts