BBC RADIO 2 POLL-MONDAY 5 MARCH 2007

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings All,

Vine is boasting that he has had 6,000 entries so far.

With an audiance of 4Mill. that means that he has received a response from one in every Six Hundred and Sixty Six who listen.

Come on now, own up, who did it?

I'm waiting for a poll to decide what to do with overpaid journo's who, masquerading as so called Disc Jockey's haven't got anything better to do with my licence fee money.

Vine is my suggestion as a replacement for the plethora of sleeping policemen

Feb 24, 2007
Visit site
Come on then Harry, how would you move everything around the country to keep our roads free of lorries??

'Hot air' balloons perhaps??
Hi Gavin,

Yes i hold my hands up and say we cannot live without them .. they just frustrate me , one of my biggest bugbear is when on the motorway and they pull out to overtake another lorry it takes forever to do it , so i am sitting behind them, cannot get to outside lane because of build up of traffic they cause . Never mind we all got our little pet hates, actually mine used to be caravans, but since i aquired one i think differently . I assume you are a lorry driver ? I could not do that job .. too much frustration i imagine with all us bloomin' motorists .. lol .

harry

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Vine must work for the goverment, he's trying to run up peoples mobile bills so that Gordon can collect the VAT. Why would anyone vote in a poll that is totally meaningless?????????????

Val & Frank

Mind you the lady yesterday with a tractor, a 4x4 and, a caravan park had her say.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I reckon I know why other road users are so against caravans etc., it's simply because they can't see beyond them easily when they want to overtake - probably because they're driving too closely to them in the first place, plus the silly 50mph speed limit we have to stick to on A roads, when most other drivers do 65-70mph on these roads. So, there you are making good progress when Ethel the unready in her "SuzuNissyundai" micromotorizedwardrobe pulls out and blissfully unaware crawls along at 35-40mph. Following drivers think bl***y caravans holding us up. And have you noticed this always happens on a road with gentle blind bends/hills where it would be dangerous to overtake with an outfit? Many a time a solo driver has overtaken me stuck behind an old slow coach, only to have miscalculated and cutting in quickly. In these cases, I do of course slow down when I can see Joe Wingnut in my mirrors trying to park his car in the van's bathroom he's so close, to let him pass safely.

There are regular threads on the Forum about crummy driving, we should all be regularly tested, say every 5 years. The money from Speed Cameras could subsidise this to keep our costs down.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What could we ban? Vauxhall Corsas with roof spoilers, Nissan Micras with furry hat drivers, BMW 3 series driven by middle aged bald men with moustaches. The list is almost endless.
I've got no chance then - Series 3 Beemer, towing a caravan, 56 end of the month, bald. Still, no moustache :))

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Just a word in defence of parents and holiday times

It is not all kids being taken to school which makes the big difference when the schools are on holiday. Most working parents also have to take their holidays at the same time so there is a huge proportion of their driving to work traffic that is off the roads as well.

For instance, I walk my boys to school (a mile) then cycle back. when I get home I get into my smart work clothes and drive to work. In the holidays both hubby and I will be out of the rush hour traffic and away somewhere lovely on holiday with the kids.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts