BBQ point help

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Good morning,
First post here so probably a easy/simple question.

We have just purchased a 2004 Compass Pentara which has a bbq point. Having never had a bbq point due to having only owned older caravans, what kind of connector do I need to hook the gas pipe to the caravan?

Thankss in advance

Regards
Matt

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the connector to use my external BBQ point so as not to have to carry extra gas but after using it a couple of times I've never bothered since, the ext socket on my caravan is on awning side so to use it means having too long a length of hose so as to get it outside the awning which is obviously what I would have to do, I personally know someone who did this and had major problems occurring due to loss of gas pressure due to hose length, even when not using the awning I find I have more flexibility when using a gas bottle to be free to site the BBQ in the best place depending on wind direction etc, we're all different though so might suit you better than it did me and carrying extra bottle of gas does add to payload.
BP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beehpee said:
........... I personally know someone who did this and had major problems occurring due to loss of gas pressure due to hose length, ...............

Hello BP,
Whilst it is perfectly true the longer a length of gas pipe the more pressure drop it creates when gas is used, but in practice the amount of gas a BBQ uses shouldn't tax proper 8mm LPG hose until your well beyond 6M (20 feet). I would be looking for another reason for the pressure drop, a valve not fully opened or the metal gas pipe kinked or crushed, or other high consumption appliances being used at the same time of the feed pipe inside the caravan.

The general advice to keep hoses as short as possible is still good practice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts