Beach Site

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
We have only been caravanners for a very short time but, since we have joined both cc and the ccc we have spent all of our spare time reading the site books!!! Neither myself or my partner are able to come to grips with them to find what we want. Please help. All we want is a beachside site within a 3.5 hour drive of Birmingham. Don't mind who it belongs to. Does ANYONE know of one?

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Evening Jan,

My wife and I use Bay View Caravan site at Pevesey, East Sussex. It's only a small site, but it's right on the beach and the manager and his wife are very friendly and accomodating. I would think Pevensey would be within your 3.5 hour requirement.

Max.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jan

Have you looked at Prembrey Country Park CC site in south wales situated within a country park and walking distance to a beach which is 7 miles long. Also excellent for walking and cycling

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try skegness sands which is a cc managed under contract site, as usual the facilities are first class it has its own access to the beach with your own key, should be right sort of distance for you. Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jan - try Ruda Holiday Park at Croyde, North Devon, they have pitces literally 100 yards from the beach, but you'll have to book soon as they get very busy. Failing that try Putsborough Sands, North Devon - I'm sure Google will find both websites.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
try the Millom Rugby Union site at Haverigg Nr Millom in South Cumbria.

I think it is a c&cc site,elec w.c. and a great clubhouse, Harbour hotel( good food)10 min walk, beautful beach 50yds(no crowds) uninterupted veiws of the lakeland fells, Windermeer and Coniston water are about a 40min drive, Enerdale water,and Wasdale,are within 1hr.

I shouldn`t be telling you this it might get crowde around here now

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
May be a little over the 3.5 hour drive but when the kids were young we used to go to Par sands at Par in Cornwall. Beach is adjacent to the site with no road to cross.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
May be a little over the 3.5 hour drive but when the kids were young we used to go to Par sands at Par in Cornwall. Beach is adjacent to the site with no road to cross.
We loved it here too. Would definitely return. Very non-commerical for a 'commercial' site. No pub/club/shop etc, but all within walking distance. And its own beach, just across the road. Fantastic!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts