Beacon Fell Veiw site nr preston

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Hello all

We are staying at this site this week last minute booking has any one been here or any bad reports?

53 quid for tues till sun seems reasonable to us

Many thanks

Rob , Claire & francesca ( new vaners this year)

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Robert, we have used this site loads of times in the past although not so much this year as we dont like one of the girls in reception (bad attitude towards big vans). I would think a lot of people would be put off by the commercial nature of the site, it is not by any means the prettiest of sites or the tidiest, the pitches are in need of some maintenance due to the heavy use they get and the toilet block could do with updating allthough it is kept clean and theire is plenty of hot water for the showers etc. having said the above i can say that we have had some fantastic weekends at beacon fell, most of the others on site are very friendly and do try to keep the site safe, the chap with the hobby caravan as you get to the pitches has been on site years and makes it his job to keep the playing kids safe and will have no problem having a word with anyone breaking the 5 mph rule, we have had a few bad campers in the past but these have allways been removed from site the next morning by management. the entertainment block is fine you have an ammusment arcade for the kids and a soft ball climing area for the younger ones plus the main club house that has a disco / bingo / live entertainment, the beer is about 10 pence more than the pubs, you allso have a adult only quiet area in the club which is very nice. the pool is great and is attended by a life guard at all times. if you go expecting first class facilities then you will be dissapointed but go expecting to have a good time and a friendly atmosphere and i am sure you will have a good week, tuesday wednesday and thursday will be very quiet on site and the club although open has no entertainment untill friday. keep your van pitch sticker and on your next visit you will pay 10 % less so next time it will only be

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
sorry Robert forgot, have a look on here http://www.ukcampsites.co.uk/

Theire are loads and loads of reviews on beacon fell, just do a name search and you will find it.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hiya we live around the corner from this site and allthough weve never stayed there (its only 2mins walk and that would be sad)i believe the site is good.the town of longridge is small but has all the usual things you expect bus route,supermarket,pubs you know the story

it is 25/30 mins drive from the forrest of bowland and 10mins from beacon fell country park both are fantastic for walking and exploring.blackpool is 35mins away with the illuminations and the other attractions.

i can reccomend a few good pubs the white bull at alston (on the main road from preston to longridge they do food

the alson arms is ok too with a play area for the kids(bit chilly at this time of year

i hope you enjoy your stay in longridge i hope you find the locals friendly as with any up and comming town we have are problems but were and ok bunch of people really let us know what you think when you get back its ok we dont do offended

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
hi Icemaker & Daziki

Stayed as planned your assesments where correct site over all seemed a bit run down,seemed to be a lot of seasonal tourers present, some of them looked like permanent fixtures was put off by the chicken wire arround bottom of one van?? and the dis repair of some of the others/ suspect they want ever move off site without falling apart.

The plots where very short hence the reluctance for larger vans ours just about managed to stay on the plot.

People where very friendly, pool was best we have been to all year, entertainment was good.

Would we return?

yes but for short break only.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
there are alot of local people who live on the site in the statics all year its cheap housing i do think it was much better when it was run by haven better regulated if your into that kind of site since hagans took over it has seen better days

the road leading to the site passes our house and i have to say alot of cavans do seem to go there but who knows if theyd return

i hope it wasnt too bad for you i live here but even i know its not a perfect holiday village but doesnt everyone thing that about where they live "oh god whod want to holiday here"

i just hope some of the surrounding country side made up for it

TRENDING THREADS