Bear Feet

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello

So we have our caravan now. We have our aquaroll water bottle and waste hog. We also have our ALKO hitch lock - type 1. What type of blocks would you recommend for the caravan feet to sit on. I read something about Bear feet or something?

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Miranda
Yes, Bear Feet do exist - I think they're a yellow coloured plastic. Other makes, eg Milenco are available. Any caravan accessory shop should stock them. The advantage of these "feet" is that they're loosely attached to the foot of each corner steady and so are in the correct position when you wind the steady down. They don't have to be removed for travelling either and so, are not likely to be left behind on the pitch. Alternatively you could always use a 30cm length of wooden floorboard or piece of thick plywood.

Mike

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Yanda007 said:
Hello

So we have our caravan now. We have our aquaroll water bottle and waste hog. We also have our ALKO hitch lock - type 1. What type of blocks would you recommend for the caravan feet to sit on. I read something about Bear feet or something?

I have them on my 'van. They just sort of dangle on the end of the legs and provide a wide pad to stop the metal part of the leg sinking into soft ground. Fit and forget them. A few bits of ply or scaffold plank are also handy - and maybe a pair of small ramps in case your pitch turns out to be on a slope and you want the water to go down the sink!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Be aware, though, that if you're travelling over uneven ground they can (and will) catch on the ground and rip off, particularly on the back. I tried a set once, still got 'em on the front, but reverted to good old separate blocks on the back.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Never had the problem that Emmerson states, on my van you cannot see them when wound up, I carry a set of "stackers" which also add height if needed on very rough / sloping pitches.
On your first outing , wander around the site and dont be afraid to ask folk for their opinions, on any questions, most people are helpfull.
Hutch.

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
We have the Milenco feet, http://www.milenco.com/products/levelling/stacka-corner-feet and a couple of packs of the stacka pads which have proven useful recently on heavily sloped pitches. I’ve found these feet “flap” a lot less than the ones on our old van as they have a small spring on them. That said, some squares of wood do just as good a job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts