Bed & Bedding!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have posted about this before, so sorry for me waffling on ;-)

We have just come back from a 10 day trip in our caravan, whereby we have to make up the front seating area into our bed every night.

We have a mattress protector, sheet and 10.5 tog duvet. However, making up the bed every night is really becoming a chore as it is really difficult to make up. The seating when made into the double bed is so tight that you cannot tuck a sheet, let alone mattress protector on top.

We have also found the bed very hard to sleep on.

I thought about a memory foam topper, but these are a bit out of our price range at the moment. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions.

I did think of sleeping on top of the duvet, this way we can just lay it across the bed and then maybe get a sleeping bag.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!! it is driving me mad and with the thought of a 3 week trip away in August I am at a loss as to what to do for the best.

Thanks

Sam

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sam

Making a bed every night using sheets etc. is making things more difficult. If the mattress is very hard a topper will help - even a cheaper one. If you do use one I would consider two singles to make storage during the day easier. If you do not go for toppers, then try your idea of sleeping on a duvet, perhaps a 10.5 tog. This will be much easier then trying to tuck in sheets. We use duvets both top and bottom, although we use the beds as singles. Summer duvets will probably be warm enough on the top but if you caravan in the winter, then put your summer ones underneath you and use your 10.5 on top, with an extra blanket if needed. Hope this helps.

Chris

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam

I can feel for you, we have just changed to fix bed but had your frustration for years, however our way around it was to use two duvets, one top one bottom we used to use 10.5 and 4.5 and swap around as to the time of year. They also roll quite small too!

My advice try it for a couple of nights see how you get on before your trip in August.

Di

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
i too shared your problem we have a single sleeping bag opened out this does not move as much as the duvet idea and also you dont need a sheet just lay it down then your pillows and duvet on top it works for us good luck happy caravanning

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we have just started using this 2 duvet idea and found it a lot easier to make the bed up and I find it far more comfortable to sleep on, we bought a 4.5 tog duvet from argos whilst away last week. it was only about

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello Sam

We have used a very thin mattress protector pad from Ikea and I sewed a sheet to the shape of it so it doesn't slip out. We keep the sheet on it all the time and just have to unroll it onto the bed at night. A similar thing would be a 4.5 tog duvet possibly in a duvet cover for easy washing. Currently we now use a couple of these self inflate matresses which also fit in the said adapted sheet but have the added advantage of preventing condensation under the cushions and adding a bit of extra comfort on our FIRM bed. For both of these options we just throw them on the fxed bunks during the day but they would easily roll up and fit into a cupboard.

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
Hello Sam

We have used a very thin mattress protector pad from Ikea and I sewed a sheet to the shape of it so it doesn't slip out. We keep the sheet on it all the time and just have to unroll it onto the bed at night. A similar thing would be a 4.5 tog duvet possibly in a duvet cover for easy washing. Currently we now use a couple of these self inflate matresses which also fit in the said adapted sheet but have the added advantage of preventing condensation under the cushions and adding a bit of extra comfort on our FIRM bed. For both of these options we just throw them on the fxed bunks during the day but they would easily roll up and fit into a cupboard.

Hi Sam

we use a single sleeping bag unzipped which fits a single duvet cover perfectly. On top we use a double duvet with matching cover. Easy to fold and put away under seats during the day.

Jen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts