Bedding for static caravan

Mar 1, 2006
Visit site
We have just bought a static caravan which has a double bed normal size and two single beds which are only 2ft 3 wide I can't find any fitted sheets or mattress protectors for this size anywhere! Is there somewhere I can get these or near sizes please? Also, where do I get a low wattage electric kettle as I am told that a normal one will short out the electricity? Can I use a normal wattage vac cleaner and iron? As you can tell we are complete novices so need all the help we can get. :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What do you mean by static caravan Karen? If it's one of those large boxes that sits on site and ends up with a picket fence, veranda and wheelchair access, which never gets towed, then you should have a very capable power supply and you can feel free to use all domestic type goods. Youare probably on the meter anyway so will get charged accordingly. If you have a touring caravan that is on a seasonal pitch you need to ask the site owner/warden what the output of the mains supply is. If it's 16 amp then you can run most equipment without it tripping the cct breaker but try not to use all of it at the same time, items such as a fast boil kettle should be left at home.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I never bother taking an iron along. However, I agree with taking a small vacuum cleaner. We bought one from Asda and was very cheap. We have never had problems on site with the electicity supply when using it.

Have a look at the kettles whiles you are there also. Domestic kettles vary in wattage! We bought out 'normal' kettle from the Co-Op!

May 5, 2005
Visit site
2'3 is a size used on electrically adjustable bed with two mattresses on a double bed we got ours off the shelf from a bed shop in Leamington Spa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For made-to measure bedding contact :

Keys of Clackton wwww,keysbedding.co.uk

We used them a few years ago and they were excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts