bedding

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bill
I've sent an email to you explaining why your text has not loaded.
Click Here to see instructions on how to get your web browser to work.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In the meantime, Bill: Duvets, not sleeping bags get my vote, Sheet on a fixed bed but a Duvet in a cover to lie on and one over the top on beds you make up from seats. Specially made fitted sheets from the likes of Jonic are expensive but good quality and do give a neater bed on fixed beds, but are a pig to get on the mattress. I carry our bedding on the fixed bed. I go for pale brown, cream etc to match the rest of the van's decor.
Hopefully that covers what you were trying to ask
smiley-undecided.gif

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
SHMBO 'tells' me that fitted bottom sheets on shaped mattresses for fixed beds are a comple pain (in rather more words) but if you are good with a sewing machine ( as she, of course, is) this is easily remedied. If you have the older type of side fiixed bed with corner loo/shower room, any surplus bedding will tend to get caught in the door in the small hours. Sleeping bags - two, zipped together to make a double were what we used in the 'make up the bed each day' van and may go back to.

An idea we have now tried for 3 years and which works well for long trips e.g. Spain in Spring is to get a low TOG duvet and an electric underblanket. Otherwise the high TOG you need while travelling down and for the first month and then back is much too warm for the rest so you really need to take two - then whereto store them ? The electric blanket takes only 800 watts and can be pre-warmed before entry - a great relief for old bones like mine after long days towing..

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
We use cheap kingsize Quilts Folded like an envelope Mines a 4 tog hubby's a 7tog Have fleece blankets as well for when it gets colder Easy to roll up in the mornings and roll out at night

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
we take a memory foam matress topper for our bed and the kids bunks. The kids ones I lay on the bunk and pop a fitted sheet over the top, ours goes under the seats till it's time to put up the bed. Duvets all round, again the kids duvets are placed inside a double duvet cover which I tuck under the bunk matress to prevent it rolling off in the night. I just realised I can't spell mattress!!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Me being a suspicious person, and the OP (Bill Down) has not replied, I wonder if it was from a business but they got caught out on IE? Does the business sell duvets with 'natural' fillings by any chance?
smiley-undecided.gif

Bill - part of a duck
Down - from an eider duck
Can I claim the prize for spotting it?
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Me being a suspicious person, and the OP (Bill Down) has not replied, I wonder if it was from a business but they got caught out on IE? Does the business sell duvets with 'natural' fillings by any chance?
smiley-undecided.gif

Bill - part of a duck
Down - from an eider duck
Can I claim the prize for spotting it?
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

I like your thinking Sir WC, but it looks as though we'll never know for sure one way or the other. I emailed the OP as I do most who'se posts fail to load but I had no reply.
smiley-undecided.gif

'Bill Down' joined the forum on 6th September 2010 so if he was connected to a business trying to spam the forum he's left it rather a long time before trying. Perhaps he was a 'sleeper'?
smiley-laughing.gif

It's probably the case that, like so many other forum members who have tried and failed to post comments on this forum using IE, he has given up and gone to another forum
smiley-frown.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts