Bedding

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I’ve been looking at Duvalay sleeping bags. Are these the best way forward or do people use more conventional methods like a big mattress topper with a straight forward duvet. We’re looking for bedding for 4. A double at the front plus 2 fixed bunks at the rear.

Any ideas guys.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Ste,
not once have we used sleeping bags , we have one big double mattress topper and like I said previously two single duvets which are more than enough to cover both of us and more on the overlap , we use single duvets just in case we ever get lazy and decide to use the chairs as a single bed at the front !

In the winter we use a slightly thicker duvet as the same for the kids then in the summer a lighter one because you'll be surprised how warm it gets in the caravan . Some people think it's like sleeping in a fridge but normally I just go to bed in my shorts !!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use single sleeping bags but not the camping mummy style. Ours have parallel sides and no hood and are wider than a camping bag. Don't use Duvalay or anything extra and haven't needed to use the van heater at night. The dogs wear their fleeces on cold nights.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
We have looked at the Duvalay toppers and stuff, but it starts to get quite expensive. Currently we use a memory foam mattress topper from Dunelm, which is surprisingly effective. Only drawback is it is not shaped and it can be a bit awkward to retract the bed into the daytime position. We then use normal non-fitted sheets and a double duvet. Whilst away during some of the hotter days this year, we used a just a sheet instead of a duvet.
My only concession was purchasing a fitted mattress protector from Duvalay.

And the dog has one of these: https://www.waitrosepet.com/dog/dog-beds/scruffs-snuggle-blanket-chocolate

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have a waterproof mattress topper on the bed to make sure it is not stained and a potential problem when we sell the caravan, We then just use a normal sheet and duvet on top. The heater will keep you warm if it gets very cold.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being old and soft we use conventional bedding but with a twin control electric blanket. This is particularly useful for long stay Europe where the trip down can have overnight temperatures below 0 degrees C but once there do not need heavy duvets etc. The electric blank can be left on bed but not switched on whereas heavy high TOG duvets will take up a lot of storage space. Even on sites with low amp EHU there is usually enough for the blanket and the comfort after a long winder day driving is wonderful.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a 4.5 tog rated duvet for the fixed bed, heating set at 10c for night and at 07.30 it cuts in to 15c. We are warm as toast. But the boss likes cold hard toast with Marmite. :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts