Beep on indication

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Have recently had to change my car and had to have a tow bar fitted,the car is a 2.0 l8tr 150hp Ford kuga.The tow bar is a Ford fixed swan neck and 13 pin electrics all fitted by the Ford dealer.The first time I had hitched the van up the car was on auto lights the van lights didn't work turn off auto lights van lights ok,the second thing I noticed was when indicating there was no beep.The question . is this way electrics are now or do I go back to the dealer

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi zodd ,
We have the same kind of Kuga as in my profile picture , haven't got auto light selection though but when van is hooked up & I unlock my car the lights will come on on the van if that's what you mean and I do have a beep when my indicators are activated ?

Craig

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The requirement for indication that trailer lighting is working can be either by a light or buzzer, or both.
If there is a bulb blown on the trailer and you select a turn that uses that light, the light indicator in the car will flash very fast, thereby warning you of a bulb failure.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
My Volvo fitted towbar/electrics does not beep when indicating as per Damian's post. But the van front and side-marker lights are always on with the auto headlights in the auto position; unless I select the "off" position then they go out. The car's Daytime Running Lights stay lit at varing intensity in all positions.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you want to check if there is a warning operating, perhaps taking out or loosening a bulb and seeing what happens might work.

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
It sounds like everything is ok,I must admit I was a bit concerned I picked the car up on a Tueday the following Sunday we went back to Lyme RegIs to pick the van up I didn't want to get there and find the lights /indicators didn't work

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought if you had a towbar fitted with electrics after a certain date that it had to have the 'beep' on when indicating to let you know that the indicators were correctly working ?
If you start moving bulbs about & twisting bulbs to check them you've got more chance of blowing fuses ......

Craig .

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If an indicator fails the warning light flashes quickly and a warning on dash tells me which one to check, whether car or van.
Same if brake light or marker light fails, warning on dash, telling which one to check, again van or car.. Driving normally with van or solo nothing shows on dash, on beeping or separate indicator light.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts