Before I put my foot in it.

May 12, 2019
Visit site
After years o boating I am now looking at buying a Caravan.
I noticed on another Caravan/Motorhome forum that a forum member made a comment about "bad service" from a well known Caravan Dealer and was told off bu the forum management as they have rules against people complaining on the forum.
The boat forum I am used to (Practical Boat Owner) allows boat owners to say if they have had poor service from a boatyard or after ordering something it took weeks to arrive. To me this is what a forum is all about.
I would be grateful for advice as to whether this forum has restrictions.
Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Notmyvan said:
After years o boating I am now looking at buying a Caravan.
I noticed on another Caravan/Motorhome forum that a forum member made a comment about "bad service" from a well known Caravan Dealer and was told off bu the forum management as they have rules against people complaining on the forum.
The boat forum I am used to (Practical Boat Owner) allows boat owners to say if they have had poor service from a boatyard or after ordering something it took weeks to arrive. To me this is what a forum is all about.
I would be grateful for advice as to whether this forum has restrictions.
Thanks.

Yes if you read the sticky on forum etiquette you will get the information on how this Forum conducts its business. But basically naming and shaming isn’t allowed. Have a look under Our Website. The section on etiquette is in yellow near the top.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The forum , has rules, best to read them, and the moderators are very good, for when Myself and others get head banging about things, There are ways around asking questions about dealers and suppliers. .
IF you overstep the forums marks the the Mods will help you.

Welcome to a very helpfull forum. .
Hutch

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Beware, the green crayon B)
There there, dry those tears :lol:
The green moddying crayon only makes an appearance to prevent my forum friends from hurting themselves when they stray from the straight and sunny pathway that is set out in forum etiquette to stumble over the rocky downward path, where the cries of the errant forumites go unheard when the Delete button is pressed. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
Thingy said:
Beware, the green crayon B)
There there, dry those tears :lol:
The green moddying crayon only makes an appearance to prevent my forum friends from hurting themselves when they stray from the straight and sunny pathway that is set out in forum etiquette to stumble over the rocky downward path, where the cries of the errant forumites go unheard when the Delete button is pressed. :)

Thanks Parksey, and Damian , in advance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts