Before you go

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Eventually decided after many no bookings at C &MC sites, going to private site 15 pitches, fully serviced. £15 per night. two pubs within 1/2 a mile. The clubs have to sort them self out. ?
Now cut the Grass, water the plants. Is it that easy to get up and go.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Eventually decided after many no bookings at C &MC sites, going to private site 15 pitches, fully serviced. £15 per night. two pubs within 1/2 a mile. The clubs have to sort them self out. ?

For some it is that easy. Enjoy your trip, the weather looks okay.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:

For some it is that easy. Enjoy your trip, the weather looks okay.

Thanks, Hope your Dad recovers and all will be well.
Hutch and Elaine.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Not that easy for us. We have to time it to make sure the neighbours have gone to work, at least the early ones. Then we have to be before the school run because the poor mums have to drive 500 yards, its far too far to walk. If not we have to wait for them to finish their interminable conversations and go, so the play school mob can initiatiate round two. We then have a short window before Mrs Doubtfire and Mrs Legsnowork return for the afternoon run.

Returning home we need to aim for the slot between this last run and Bert and Ernie returning from work.

Aye, its that easy. God forbid we ever need the fire brigade down here. Ah the joys of a cul-de-sac.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a similar thing, pick up the van today , but it's also bin day, so have to time it that they have been or not , sit at the top of the cul de sac, wait for them to go , hopefully next doors, sons, girlfriend might have gone home and moved her car from the front of our house,
Ah the joys of getting away in the caravan. :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
With the caravan in store at Strathclyde Park our problem is the junction where you access it tends to be very slow until after 9.00 although we do know a way in through the houses if we need to get there early.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It could be that easy. Mrs Spoon has a habit of starting to iron the kids clothes minutes before I wanted to leave. Then of course we have to wait for the little darlings to finish school, and then decide which toys they want to take, and then argue about what toys they are taking.

Generally I use the time between finishing work and the school walk (we don't run there) to pack the car and wait for Mrs Spoon to finishing ironing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
One day it will be. B) I am lucky though,as I store van at work so can tinker,charge,fill van anytime (only 1 1/2 miles from home).Working full time with 20 days plus Bank holidays,getting time away is my problem . :angry:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Caravan back home, (missed the bin lorrys, )washed down, fridge and water heater checked out on Gas for an hour, now on Electric, mchange to a fresh calor lite bottle, duvet, and pillow covers fitted. Toilet fluids checked Tyre pressures checked, car half loaded, Awning, Cadac , caravan Jack, hook up cable ( forgot it three weeks ago) , but spare in the car anyway. So just got to load the Food drink , dogs and away. :p :p What have I forgotten. :eek:hmy:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Caravan back home, (missed the bin lorrys, )washed down, fridge and water heater checked out on Gas for an hour, now on Electric, mchange to a fresh calor lite bottle, duvet, and pillow covers fitted. Toilet fluids checked Tyre pressures checked, car half loaded, Awning, Cadac , caravan Jack, hook up cable ( forgot it three weeks ago) , but spare in the car anyway. So just got to load the Food drink , dogs and away. :p :p What have I forgotten. :eek:hmy:

What have you forgotten????.............................THE CARAVAN..............another day tomorrow :whistle: :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

What have you forgotten????.............................THE CARAVAN..............another day tomorrow :whistle: :whistle:

Did you miss it, Caravan back home, have you beem on the Buckfast alreadt. :p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

No didnt miss it, but you will when you leave tomorrow with out the Van :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

No didnt miss it, but you will when you leave tomorrow with out the Van :lol:

S :) :) oqrft. Getting back into the hot tub. See you in September. :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Got to Dover once, Stopped for fuel. GOT my Nigerian Wallet ( got home from work the day before) 230 mile round trip. Just remembered now put the Cadac legs in the car.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
Not that easy for us. We have to time it to make sure the neighbours have gone to work, at least the early ones. Then we have to be before the school run because the poor mums have to drive 500 yards, its far too far to walk. If not we have to wait for them to finish their interminable conversations and go, so the play school mob can initiatiate round two. We then have a short window before Mrs Doubtfire and Mrs Legsnowork return for the afternoon run.

Returning home we need to aim for the slot between this last run and Bert and Ernie returning from work.

Aye, its that easy. God forbid we ever need the fire brigade down here. Ah the joys of a cul-de-sac.

A recent development round my way is every man, woman, child and their dog, double parking cars and work vans in the entrance to the cul-de-sac. No schools nearby just a convenient carpark... most of them don't even live in the bloody street... of course that means it's ME blocking the road when hitching up the caravan outside my own house. :evil: rant over. :whistle:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Thingy said:

A recent development round my way is every man, woman, child and their dog, double parking cars and work vans in the entrance to the cul-de-sac. No schools nearby just a convenient carpark... most of them don't even live in the bloody street... of course that means it's ME blocking the road when hitching up the caravan outside my own house. :evil: rant over. :whistle:

Well before we go away I sometimes get blocked in as we have a care home to one side of us a school up the street and the Metro station around the corner so all the surrounding streets and exiting streets get used as a dumping ground and I can say that most cars parked don't belong in the Streets .if I don't go out to warn the carers that go into the home next door I get blocked in or can't get the car and caravan out onto the opposite path to get away . Frustrating at times . :angry:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Living in rural quietness can have its drawbacks too. The first mile and a half from home is very narrow to the extent of being near single track in places. The road carries very little traffic but some of it is artic or fixed tank milk tankers, agricultural machinery and horse trailers towed by folk who appear not to now the width of their outfit or that they have a reverse gear in the towcar.
The problem is much worse during times of silage or forage harvesting and carrying, usually done by contractor with very large high powered tractors driving far too fast for the visibility of for the braking distances with a large trailer full of fodder amounting to several tons,
The best tactic at this time is to wait for one going in the right direction and follow him - he certainly is not going to back up for anyone other than police or ambulance. Early morning /late evening are better but still subject to milk tanker traffic as is 03.00 or thereabouts.
Sundays are usually better but silage and forage harvesting can occur at any time. Fortunately both these are fairly noisy operations so you do have some warning.
Touch wood - only one encounter in the past 22 years, but there are lessstressful ways to start or finish a trip.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts