Bessacar Door Lock

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has any one had aproblem with the door lock on a Bessacarr. Mine is faulty and was told this item was not covered under the three year warranty.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Joe, if its the hartal door lock thats fitted then ever one is having problems with it, ive had 3 new ones on my coachman now and its having another in 2 weeks when the van goes in for its service, swift are one of the hardest hit and loads on this forum have had problems.

Tell your dealer you know there is a problem with this type of lock and insist they replace it for you, if they still will not then contact explorer and see if they can help.

If it not fitted with the hartel lock then i think you may have to pay yourself as no others have inherant faults as far as i know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Joe, if its the hartal door lock thats fitted then ever one is having problems with it, ive had 3 new ones on my coachman now and its having another in 2 weeks when the van goes in for its service, swift are one of the hardest hit and loads on this forum have had problems.

Tell your dealer you know there is a problem with this type of lock and insist they replace it for you, if they still will not then contact explorer and see if they can help.

If it not fitted with the hartel lock then i think you may have to pay yourself as no others have inherant faults as far as i know.
Thanks Icemaker will check to see which lock is fitted.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Joe

As Icemaker says there haev been numerous failures of the Hartal door lock. They tend to stick because insufficient tolerances were allowed at the time of manufacture.

If it is 3 years old it may well be outside of Swift's guarantee but you could try Hartal.

If they send you a new lock, assuming it is theirs, then I am sure you will tell us all.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Joe

The doors on your caravan are supplied by Seitz, so this is not the issue that has been previously discussed on this forum.

As a general rule the locks are excluded from warranty because they often just need general maintenance or lubrication. If the lock is faulty then that of course is different.

Try your dealer again.

Regards

Kath

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts